|Location||Oklahoma, United States|
|Date Posted||March 29, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||1|
- Shall perform geosteering activities and analysis of geological field data which include, but are not limited to the following:
- Regional subsurface modeling.
- Interpretation of recorded geological data.
- Such other services as operator require relating to geosteering and geological analysis.
Expected Knowledge and Experience
- Complete knowledge and experience with standard lithological descriptions of sedimentary rocks in Oklahoma (STACK/SCOOP).
- Experience in developing subsurface models while considering all drilling variables and samples.
- Able to pick formation tops and casing points based on well-to-well correlation. cuttings and geosteering interpretation.
- Excellent at interpreting gamma readings.
- Familiar with porosity types in sedimentary rocks and also types of matrix cementations in carbonates and clastics.
- Strong knowledge of interpreting MWD data and can use this data to pick Casing/Coring points.
- Have used SES Geosteering software or comparable with correlation abilities.
- Able to generate customer geosteering deliverables.
- Able to communicate effectively with all wellsite and operator personnel.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology/Geosciences is required.
- A minimum of one (1) year geosteering experience.
- Strong background in oil and gas drilling operations.
- Experienced with normal office software.
- Must be willing to work as part of a large team.
- Talent for leadership.
- Excellent judgment skills while working in stressful environments under special time constraints.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Regularly lift and move heavy materials in difficult work positions.
· Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, controls or vehicles, and reach with hands and arms.
· Frequently required to stand, talk and hear, walk; sit; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl,
· Often lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
· Normal sight and hearing required to perform essential job functions and for safety reasons.