|Location||Oklahoma, United States|
|Date Posted||May 21, 2017|
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
About the Position:
A successful candidates will be responsible for geologic operations including geosteering and mudlogging during the infill horizontal drilling operations in the Anadarko Basin SCOOP/STACK play in Oklahoma. Individual will work alongside MWD and Directional Driller to successful execute the well as planned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Geophysics, Earth Science, Math, Engineering, Chemistry or related discipline.
- Geosteered a minimum of 25 horizontal wells using ROGII StarSteer (preferred), Stoner Engineering Software (SES), or any other geosteering software.
- SCOOP/STACK experience a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
The successful applicant’s duties will consist of the following:
- Shift rotation of 12 hours per day; 14 days on and 7 days off average.
- Communicate in a professional and courteous manor directly with client geoscience and onsite drilling personnel, providing technical expertise for planning, data integration, and execution of horizontal wells.
- Monitor real-time data, provide real-time interpretation, and responsible for adjusting the borehole position real-time ensuring proper wellbore placement within the client's specifications.
- Monitor data from proprietary mudlogging data acquisition systems.
- Collect and analyze cutting and fluid samples from the well.
- Submit technical reports on a daily basis, or as required by the client.
- Mentor new geosteering personnel in the art of geosteering and related disciplines.
- Must be able to perform and follow safety protocol for both Empirica and external clients
- Willingness to work in remote locations
- Strong knowledge of geology, math and chemistry
- Strong computer knowledge
- Relatively clean driving record with a valid Driver's License
- Legal right to work in the US
- Clean Background
- Ability to pass a work related physical and drug screen
- Ability and desire to work away from home consistently
- Ability to sit/stand for up to 12 hours per shift.
- Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks such as lifting and pulling up to 70lbs
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of working independently or without close supervision.
- Function at a high level and able to make sound decisions in time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to visualize in 3D.
- Highly computer literate, and able to learn new programs in a timely manner.