|Location||Louisiana, United States|
|Date Posted||September 21, 2017|
Our client, a large multinational Energy company, is seeking experienced Wellsite Geologists to join their GOM project team for a temporary, shore-based assignment in Houma, Louisiana.
- Coordinate, monitor, and administer all geological andgeotechnicalactivities for the GOMwellsite.
- Supervisewellsitegeological personnel and operations, includingmudlogging, LWD, and coring operations.
- Coordinate and monitor acquisition, analysis, and reporting of geologic data.
- Compile and distribute Well Completion Reports.
- Serve as point of contact for third party geological services vendors.
- Review / verify invoices for geological services.
- Audit geological services when appropriate.
- Coordinate shipments of samples, logs, and reports.
- Responsible for pore pressure surveillance.
- Ensure all abnormal pressure parameters are monitored, capturedona pressure evaluation log, and reviewed with Company Operations Geologist and Drilling Supervisors as required.
- Generate and distribute detailed reports, compiling parameters, observations, andinterpretation.
- Complete special / ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Wellsite Geologist.
- Must be in good physical condition and willing to comply with all project health and safety requirements, including any rig or country-specific certifications required to work offshore.
- Must have offshore GOM and pore pressure surveillance experience, including platform/deviated well drilling with associated technologies (e.g. LWD, WL).
- Successful completion of a recognized (OPITO) course in Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET), Sea Survival, and H2S within the previous two years. Certifications must be current and not due to expire for the anticipated duration of the project.
Job Type: Temporary