|Date Posted||August 2, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Work with RMT staff and the well site personnel to achieve the geological objectives of the well. Analyze information obtained from directional drilling, logging-while-drilling, measurement-while-drilling and mud-logging to ensure the well is efficiently drilled to achieve the geological objectives. Understand the geology, geological objectives and on-going drilling activities in order to work with the RMT staff and well site personnel to make adjustments to the well path that are necessary to achieve the objectives of the well. Facilitate communication among well site personnel and RMT staff. Provide timely reports of the on-going well activities to RMT staff as needed. Prepare an end-of-well report describing the geology encountered and drilling/geosteering history of the well.
~~• Provide quality control of geological and petrophysical data obtained during drilling operations (mud logs, cores, and wireline logs). Ensure that these data are distributed to the appropriate recipients in a timely manner.
• Participate in well pre-spud and post-audit meetings and provide input and/or documentation where necessary.
• Coordinate all communications between wellsite personnel, drilling, and RMT geoscience and engineering staff.
• Coordinate and supervise all geosteering operations, interpret real-time logging information to recommend revisions to drilling parameters, ensure that drilling and logging operations are executed per recommendations.
• Generate daily drilling operations summary (including input for OpenWells) for all active drilling wells and distribute to designated recipients as per the requirements specified in the pre-spud information summary.
• Wellsite supervision of mud logging personnel, coordination of directional drilling operations, and ensure that technical and HSE standards are maintained.
• Other specific activities as detailed in the pre-spud summary for any wells supervised, or as directed by the designated RMT contact for the well.