|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||June 13, 2017|
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, US
Job ID: 13961
Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
The Geologist serves as a technical expert for operations regarding geo-steering, horizontal well planning and other similar applications, and provides operational and technical support for real-time geo-steering services, including but not limited to: performing pre-job modeling / feasibility studies, geo-steering operations during the drilling phase, end-of-well analysis with recommendations and any support needed to satisfy the BU's requirements/needs. This position's main objective is to ensure proper placement of the borehole within specifications.
• Provides technical expertise for the planning, execution and post-well analysis of horizontal wells where geo-steering services are being utilized or have the potential to be implemented.
• Models offset data to determine the feasibility of geo-steering within reservoirs within given geological / physical constraints and to recommend best applications for success.
• Monitors real-time data, provides real-time interpretation, and executes directional decisions to ensure proper placement of the borehole within a specific target.
• Integrates with geologist, drilling and completions teams for the planning and execution of their horizontal well programs.
• Gives technical presentations to support geo-steering services including feasibility studies, end-of-well analyses.
• Mentors new geo-steering personnel in the art of geo-steering and other related disciplines.
• Communicates with various levels of drilling and G&G personnel.
• Performs all duties in a safe manner. Complies with Company, federal, state, and local safety policies and procedures.
• Provides high quality deliverables to the well construction team.
• B.S. degree in Geology / Geosciences.
• Experience as a LWD engineer, Wireline Engineer or Log Analysis preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including presentations skills
• Understanding of geophysics, geology, petrophysics, LWD and directional drilling.
• Broad knowledge of LWD and Wireline logging technologies and applications.
• Good understanding of drilling operations.
Devon Energy is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the Devon Talent Acquisition Team at Diversity@dvn.com.