|Location||Pennsylvania, United States|
|Date Posted||November 20, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
The VP, Business Development & Reservoir Engineering is responsible for researching and analyzing business prospects and making short- and long-term recommendations for opportunities considering market dynamics. Manages and develops market business plans and initiatives, explores and builds partner relationships to develop and/or enhance business alliances, and fuels the further development of the Company’s already-existing resource base. Working with executive management, plays an active role in developing and executing merger and acquisition strategies. Oversees Reservoir Engineering Department, includingdirecting and coordinating all reservoir engineering analysis to determine current and future operational plans in the development of reserves. Assures SEC compliant reserves preparation and reporting.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, or other employees.
Education/Qualifications – Essential:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics,or related.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an O & G leadership BD position.
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing reservoir engineers or related technical employees.
- 15 years experience in the oil & gas industry.
- Proficient understanding of ARIES ® reserves data base structure and functionality.
- Understanding of multivariate statistical analysis and how and when to apply it.
Education/Qualifications – Desired:
- MBA or other Post Graduate Degree is desired
Requirements/Skills – Essential:
- Advanced leadership experience in a business development role overseeing the pursuit of multiple projects and transactions simultaneously. Seniormanagement level role in a Business Development function evaluating, negotiating and closing acquisitions and divestitures is a must. Candidate will bring a proven track record of successful deal flow.
- Demonstrated reservoir and deal competency in unconventional resource plays in multiple basins (Permian, Eagle Ford, Bakkenor Niobrara) with high degree of emphasis in the Marcellus and Utica plays.
- Advanced level experience in the following areas: market assessment, contractual relationships, market development(entering a new market, identifying opportunities and pursuing transactions),negotiating various types of commercial agreements, developing asset opportunities (identifying sites, assessing market potential, identifying key risks, etc.)
- Ability to make decisions in the presence of imperfect information.
- Strong personal initiative and work ethic.
- Ability to work with multiple groups to expose sales opportunities.
- Well-rounded engineering skills and experience; past exposure to drilling, reservoir, completions, production and operations activities.
- Results oriented: Commitment to the accomplishment of objectives, on time and on budget.
- Passionate for the business: Drive for success of the enterprise as a whole, regardless of individual interests.
- Clear understanding of resource plays and understanding of reservoir parameters to manage the development of assets.
- Demonstrated advanced level experience in the area of business development through successful merger and acquisition activity.
- Bring strong multiple corporate business relationships to the job.
- Working knowledge and experience with conventional and unconventional oil & gas production, oil& gas clients, competition, projects, and developments in the market.
- Comfort with detail: Willingness to dive deeply into issues and derive fact-based conclusions from the bottom up.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to identify and develop business opportunities and competitive strategies. Participate actively in team strategy discussions.
- Conduct market research including forecasting, competition assessments, project modeling, and financial analysis of business development prospects.
- Plan and execute business development campaigns, including identifying new markets, revenue-generating opportunities, and assets for potential acquisition;develop marketing strategies for business development projects using market intelligence to evaluate financial risk; and assess capacity utilization.
- Manage the origination, progression and oversight of projects to support strategic development.
- Ensure the appropriate levels of technical and operational review are undertaken to effectively evaluate prospects and make appropriate recommendations.
- Analyze intelligence to prepare and present opportunities to executive team and/or board of directors for review and/or evaluation.
- Identify and actively develop new relationships, foster and expand existing relationships, and maintain extensive contacts with existing and potential partners and other industry participants in order to originate project opportunities.
- Work with management to align development plans and resource sharing to maintain simultaneous continuity of developmental and operational activities.
- Negotiate, prepare, and review proposals, contracts and other agreements relating to business development.
- Represent the company in meetings with delegates of outside organizations, advisors, consultants and other business development prospects, with emphasis on development and marketing of projects in the Appalachian Basin.
- Oversee the actions and activities of the company’s reservoir engineering department. Work with reservoir engineering managers, engineers and technicians to develop and execute strategies for the company’s operating areas. Responsible for maintaining economic models for all company operations.
- Responsible for oversight of mid-year and year-end SEC proved reserves preparation and reporting.
- Coordinate all activities with third party Reserve Engineering firm to complete year-end and mid-year reserve forecasts.
- Lead discussions and present the reserve reports to the bank group.