|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2017|
Subsurface Team Lead
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
The Energy Investment Banking team of Lazard Financial Advisory practice is seeking an experienced Reservoir Engineer to join its team in Houston as a Vice President.
Lazard technical Vice Presidents are a crucial part of the Investment Banking Group. Successful candidates will operate as part of small transaction teams, which provide a wide range of services to clients, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, general business planning and corporate finance advice, and strategic partnerships / joint ventures.
Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work on important, high profile, complex mandates, providing exposure to bankers throughout the firm and clients. Day-to-day activities of a Vice President include leading mandates, manage client interactions, facilitate the overall efficient execution of buy, sell side assignments, and lead/participate in preparing materials for pitch activity, proposals and general business development. The Vice President will have significant responsibility and will gain in-depth transaction experience, client exposure, negotiation skills, and an understanding of transaction structures.
· Provide engineering technical support for project execution and business development activities
· Present engineering analyses in meetings with clients or data rooms to large groups through strong written and oral communication skills
· Evaluate oil & gas assets, including reserve analysis, production data and type curve analysis
· Perform and review valuation of oil and gas assets, discounted cash flow and comparable companies multiples-based analyses
· Produce technical presentation materials for marketing documents, management presentations and data room presentations using data provided by clients or publicly available data
· Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university
· Minimum 10 years of experience in an E&P company, engineering consulting firm or an equivalent role in an investment bank
· High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Access), economics software packages such as Aries and PHDWin, and experience with Spotfire and other data analytical software packages
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· MBA or equivalent graduate degree
· Strong proficiency in reservoir engineering and economic analysis
· Knowledge of subsurface geology and operations
· Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships within the industry and with other organizations and individuals to expand professional knowledge and develop useful source contacts
· Understanding of M&A and A&D transactions
Mergers & Acquisitions