|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||October 30, 2017|
Salary & Compensation Package Commensurate with Skills & Experience
Global investment bank is seeking a Petroleum Engineer at the Vice President level. The ideal candidate will have significant onshore petroleum engineering experience in basins and resource plays across the U.S.
- Direct and provide engineering technical support for A&D project execution, business development, and regional studies.
- Generate engineering materials and presentations including reserve evaluations, field studies, technical analyses and other exhibits for pitch books, sales documents, and data room presentations.
- Present results of engineering analyses in pitch and data room settings to clients and potential buyers.
- As experience and results dictates, act as "transaction lead" and take responsibility and ownership of transaction processes from beginning to end.
- Work directly with clients and other investment bankers on highly confidential evaluations.
- Proactively identify operational risks/control deficiencies in the business.
- BS Petroleum Engineering degree required.
- 5-10 years of prior related petroleum engineering experience; energy investment banking or A&D experience with active exploration and production company preferred.
- Majority of experience should be in reserves and evaluation; some operational exposure highly desired.
- Proficiency with evaluation software such as ARIES and/or PHDWin, Excel, IHS Enerdeq, and Spotfire required. Prefer advanced Excel experience, specifically a good understanding of Macros and Microsoft Visual Basic. Background in other analytical and evaluation software such as Petra, ArcGIS, Microsoft Access a plus. Candidate must be commercially oriented and understand the fundamentals of cash flow, economics, and rate of return, as well as the ability to assess technical risk qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently, balanced with strong teaming skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be able to present and defend engineering analyses to large groups.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills with ability to maintain relationships at all levels of organization.
- Must maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct.
Job Type: Full-time
- Petroleum Engineering: 5 years