|Location||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 27, 2015|
We are looking for candidates with strong Upstream Oil and Gas Industry expertise. Right now, we are working at the heart of some of the industry’s most appealing and challenging projects to design their operating environments, processes and technology solutions to deliver a step change in project delivery performance.
IBM’s Energy, Chemicals and Petroleum practice is a Global and UK market
leader, working with all of the major clients in the industry. The Upstream Oil and Gas sector is a major investment area for IBM.
Working alongside our talented and widely experienced consultants, you’ll have the opportunity to determine innovative solutions which overcome complex business challenges. Whether it’s in strategy, planning, operations or technology, your expertise will enable our clients to get better control of their projects, better visibility of their demand and to operate more efficiently and effectively.
You will use in-depth knowledge of exploration and production to advise clients and drive project benefits and business cases in support of technical and process implementation projects.
You will need to manage multi-disciplinary asset development / reservoir management teams including earth scientist, reservoir and production engineers.
Upstream Oil and Gas Industry Domain experience
- Significant experience within the upstream oil and gas industry or related engineering, procurement and construction.
- Applications experience (usage, data model, application architecture) in at least one key area relating to upstream oil and gas systems.
- Working knowledge of oil and gas technology components
- Significant experience working in upstream oil and gas service / EPC
- Awareness of oil and gas business architecture.
- Background in consultancy or experience as an adviser to the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership and strong team working skills
- Strong project delivery skills
- The ability to communicate articulately, effectively and with passion at all levels of the business.
- Strong credibility and a flair for building excellent client relationships.
- The ability to engage with senior candidates and act as a trusted advisor.
We demand high standards from our consultants and in return we provide a dynamic, innovative and exciting place to work, and some of the best career development in the industry. Come and join us!
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience of working in the exploration domain and usage of geology and geo physics : Applied
- Experience in subsurface project planning and management, including design and delivery, spanning inception to handover : Applied
- Experience of delivery using upstream industry processes, methods and frameworks : Applied
- Process and functional expertise on subsurface projects : Applied
- Knowledge of Petrel or similar applications : Acquired
- Understanding of schedule cost and risk management for subsurface projects : Acquired
- Engineering data management – data lifecycle (as designed, as built as maintained standards) for design, construction, hand – over to operations : Applied
- Experience in handover from subsurface projects to operations : Acquired
- English: Fluent
- Master's Degree
- Proven consulting experience and ability to speak an additional EU language is a plus
- Willingness to travel (within the UK and some international travel) up to 5 working days a week is a must. IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.