|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 22, 2018|
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The Production Enhancement division encompasses all of Halliburton’s Hydraulic Fracturing and Wellbore Stimulation efforts. Halliburton pioneered hydraulic fracturing technology and revolutionized the oil and gas industry when we executed the first hydraulic fracturing procedure in 1947. Since then, we have remained the industry leader in providing fracturing and stimulation services all over the world. The Applied Sciences R&D; team is where it all starts. From technology and process improvement to new product development, this team is the heart of Halliburton’s largest Product Service Line and the very foundation of Halliburton’s position as the industry leader and principal innovator in well stimulation products and services.
As a data engineer on the Applied Sciences R&D; team, you will be working with a diverse global team of data scientists, chemists, engineers, and business leaders addressing some of the most challenging problems in Oil and Gas. We are looking for creative, dynamic, passionate, and driven individuals who have the ability to effectively communicate and influence the business through data-driven decisions and investments. This is a high visibility position and the candidate is expected to frequently interact with upper management to formulate and steer digital strategy.
As a data engineer, you will:
• Build robust data pipelines and models on cloud technologies
• Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis; process unstructured data and optimize for consumption
• Develop data set processes for data discovery, modeling, mining and archival
• Extract and process big data at scale using shell scripting, querying, calling rest APIs, etc.
• Perform complex data analysis with large volumes of data
• Maintain and monitor cloud performance and provide solutions for effective parallel computing on cloud
• Collaborate with data scientists, architects, modelers and IT team members to build new analysis tools and metrics
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of direct experience
• 3+ years of experience in big data analytics, management, consulting or comparable role
• Experience writing complex stored procedure and ad-hoc queries with SQL
• Expert level proficiency with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive/Pig, MapReduce, HDFS
• Strong knowledge of relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL server, Postgres SQL
• Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB
• Expertise in developing ETL/Data Pipeline solutions
• Experience working with large and complex data sets
• Strong scripting ability in bash and/or Python
• Experience with Java, Scala, R and/or Python
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to all levels of senior management
• M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or related discipline
• Experience with data privacy concerns
• Experience with stream processing (Kafka, Spark Streaming, Akka, Flink, etc.)
• Ability to build and maintain modern cloud architecture (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)
• Experience with data visualization software applications (e.g. Spotfire, Tableau, etc.)
• Knowledge of data science practices for effective support to Data Scientists for its data centric needs
• Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
• Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Data Engineer Principal, Data Engineer Advisor or Data Engineer Sr. Advisor.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 50779
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.