|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||June 5, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Halliburton Consulting seeks an experienced Reservoir Simulation Engineer who is capable of independently performing reservoir simulation projects and leading integrated petro-technical studies involving reservoir engineering evaluation activities, reservoir modeling, and defining field development plans, and is capable of coaching five to ten employees at various levels of competence in the relevant technical domain(s). In this role, the incumbent will be accountable for the use of best-practice processes and project, quality, and commercial management. The incumbent also will be expected to demonstrate a balance of business acumen coupled with technical expertise.
- 12+ years’ experience in the design and implementation of reservoir simulation studies and field development plans under uncertainty scenarios and management projects
- Previous experience with an E&P operator or equivalent petro-technical consulting organization
- Possess excellent communication and written skills
- Perform integrated reservoir evaluations and build reservoir numerical models using several simulation models, preferably Nexus, Eclipse, and CMG.
- Knowledge in other supporting reservoir engineering tools such as MBLA, Quiklook®, Crystal Ball, etc. is desired.
- Understand production concepts and processes to work in collaboration with production engineers.
- Knowledge of some basic production simulation tools like Prosper®, GAP, etc. is preferable.
- Audit existing field development plans for oil and gas fields, and identify potential to improve production levels and reduce field development costs
- Integrate geological descriptions into numerical reservoir models, along with all production analysis and water production data
- Assure the technical quality of project deliverables
- Manage project teams and execute reservoir-engineering projects according to the schedule and within the budget following the proposed technical methodology
- Manage multidisciplinary technical specialists over the course of project
- Write technical and economical proposals, including technical methodology, schedule, and cost (budget)
- Manage communications with the client and maintain the relationship as a trusted consultant
- Manage internal documentation regarding project progress and completion. Write reports and presentations.
Specific Technical Skills
- Perform PVT and phase behavior analysis
- Identify equilibrium regions and perform pressure analysis
- Complete SCAL analysis to identify rock type properties
- Determine FWL/OWC levels in the reservoir
- Complete RFT data and pressure data analysis
- Execute production data analysis and aquifer analysis
- Understand reservoir compartmentalization based on geology and other data available
- Complete OOIP and recovery factor calculations
- Import the geocellular model (P50 model) into a reservoir simulation model, which will include coordinates, permeability, porosity, fracture coordinates, and other static arrays
- Assess grid dimensions and upscaling workflows for converting from the fine-grid geological model
- Validate the upscaling by comparing static property distribution with the fine-grid model
- Run a full physics simulation to validate the upscaled model response versus the fine-grained model
- Input PVT and SCAL tables into the model
- Initialize the model and compare the OOIP numbers with the static model
Field Development Planning
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 40458
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Consulting & Project Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Consulting, Data Analyst, Technology, Data