|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 27, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Summary and responsibilities:
The Landmark Global Services Geosciences Practice is currently seeking for a 10+ year experienced Petrophysicist to be responsible for Landmark’s petrophysical technology adoption of International customers
- New service offerings design and development to support growth of the Landmark Services business
- Best Practices technology creation and documentation
- Innovative petrophysical workflows creation, documentation and deployment globally
- Cross-domain solutions design with Landmark technologies
- International advanced mentoring sessions design and delivery
- Assist R&D with product uptake and developing and/or testing new solutions
- Developing and commercializing Workflow Nuggets and advanced Workshops for DecisionSpace Geosciences technologies; including but not limited to DS Petrophysics
- SmartVision process documentation, rollout and education cross-domain and cross-practice offerings, etc.
- Support Account team efforts worldwide in promotion and implementation of service offerings associated with the adoption of Landmark Geosciences technologies – including but not limited to DecisionSpace Petrophysics
- Design and deliver effective Internal Readiness Programs for rapid training of new hires and experienced Consultants around Landmark’s Petrophysics and Geosciences services offerings and technology
- International travel is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or related to Petrophysics
- International experience in Petrophysical analysis
- 10 or more years of Petrophysical Industry experience
- Must be current with the latest industry tools and petrophysical interpretation techniques
- Must be familiar with common methods and workflows used in petrophysical analysis for both, conventional and unconventional reservoirs.
- Basic knowledge for acoustic waveform analysis, NMR interpretation, Geomechanics, Rock Physics, and Image log analysis.
- Strong mentoring and collaborative skills
- Well organized and proactive
- Problem solving skills
- Presentation and communication skills
- Innovative thinking
- Team player
- Familiarity with mineral solving algorithms, rock typing and facies analysis
- Experience with Petrophysical technologies
- Image log processing and interpretation knowledge
The Petrophysics specialist will be required to learn and have an expert level in Landmark technologies such as:
- DecisionSpace Geosciences
- DecisionSpace Petrophysics
- OpenWorks (basic Data Management level )
- Other technologies related to Petrophysics domain
This position reports to the Global Services Geosciences Practice Manager for Halliburton Landmark.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N Sam Houston Pkwy E, Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 37456
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Landmark Software & Services
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Data Management, Testing, Data, Technology