|Date Posted||November 30, 2017|
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner.
Logging Geologists ensure efficiency, safety and cost control by providing the Client Company with a detailed analytical record of the geology, oil and gas shows, drilling and mud parameters, and related problems encountered during drilling and completion
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
1. Perform or supervise the collection of cuttings samples, from the proper lagged depths and at the proper intervals as required for evaluation.
2. Wash and screen samples, divide them into correct portions, and pack them by sets for the Client, partners and trade.
3. Examine and describe samples as per oil industry standards and client’s specifications. Descriptions are to be performed in order for Weatherford to provide an independent evaluation of the well.
4. Evaluate all samples for the presence of hydrocarbon shows
5. Closely monitor gas levels, lag time and drilling parameters, and report any anomalies to the appropriate persons for action
6. Monitor and evaluate all data in order to identify abnormal indications of unforeseen or hazardous events, inform the relevant drilling personnel of potential dangers, indications of drilling assembly wear/failure, etc
7. Assist in core recovery and description and in well test operations and sampling as required
8. Establish an accurate and comprehensive Log as per client’s format and update them on daily basis.
9. Provide all interested parties with regular and timely reports based on geological and drilling data.
10. Annotate daily instrument charts clearly and correctly, and organize them for later use by the Client