|Date Posted||August 30, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||20|
• Lead the FDP Asset Team and provide support for all Assets in reservoir engineering (RE) discipline. • Provide leadership and direction to KEC’s RE function to ensure that RE staff reach their full potential and that RE activities are technically sound and provide a good return on investment. • Support KEC’s reserves management and reserves reporting processes to ensure that KEC meets international reserves reporting standards (KEC reserves must be estimated in accordance with the 2007 SPE PRMS). • Prepare and manage RE processes and procedures to ensure the RE function operates efficiently and effectively. • Facilitate/supervise and maintain functional leadership of reservoir engineers wherever they are based.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
• BSc. Degree in Reservoir/Petroleum Engineering
• Master Degree of higher education in RE/PE is a plus.
Required Technical Competencies:
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Leadership experience and expertise
• Experience in RE (Management and Simulations/Studies) for oil and gas reservoirs
Required Generic Competencies (Behavioral)
• Excellent organization skills
• Sounded leadership skills
Minimum Work Experience:
• Wide ranging experience and a high level of expertise in key reservoir engineering methodologies and applications including field operations and data acquisition practices.
• 20 - 25 years of experience is the minimum requirements.
• Functional leader and subject matter expert (SME) for the Reservoir Engineering (RE) function in KEC and remain a gate approver for the FDP processes.
• Lead multidisciplinary asset team and ensure that all team members are working as per plan, follow the progress and mitigate any issues related to technical and or resources.
• Conduct and support the generation/construction of reservoir dynamic models (black oil and compositional), this will include the different phases of history-matching and prediction runs to generate multiple reservoir development scenarios.
• Generate optimum field / reservoir development scenario considering techno – economic criteria.
• Design, Carry out and supervise; well test & PTA analysis, nodal analysis, material balance analysis and production monitoring techniques..
• Establish/set and ensure the compliance of required reservoir engineering standards.
• Manage gas and gas condensate reservoirs for field appraisal, development and operational practices.
• Manage and operates oil-rim reservoirs for field development.
• Generate/establish application of statistical methods for rock parameters distribution, stochastic volumetric estimation, field development planning and economic evaluation.
• Provide high capability of reservoir engineering interpretation and at least one of the market standards modelling software (Eclipse, VIP, Nexus and Petrel RE).
• Provide technical guidance and assistance to regional offices asset teams.
• Plan and coordinate Quarterly Reserves Forecasts.
• Support the yearly Reserves Review and Audit Process.
• Support all the requirements as defined in the “Kuwait Energy Reserves Process” document approved by the KEC Board
• Support the design, set-up and implement the KEC Reserves Database
• Work with Manager Reserves and Resources to ensure all reserves back-up information/data are stored & accessible
• Provide RE training for junior engineers and support Coaching Program Processes in KEC.