|Location||New Orleans, United States|
|Date Posted||December 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||2|
Summary of Responsibilities
Develop solutions utilizing inflatable packers, swellable packers, and completion products for oil and gas operators. Support sales and operations in executing the solutions. Interface with customers in support of solution analysis and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine well applications in order to recommend appropriate completion or workover processes and tools.
- Evaluate regional market in regards to the core portfolio of products.
- Evaluate regional market for new products that can provide solutions for unmet needs of oil and gas operators.
- Provide technical support to sales departments worldwide.
- Produce technical reports, bulletins or research papers and failure analysis reports as required by client, trade organization or internal needs.
- Stay abreast of industry practices by research technical papers and attending industry events.
- Conduct basic petroleum engineering functions.
- Provide project management interface with customers.
- Participate with the execution of jobs on customer locations.
- Maintain safety certifications in order to work on customer locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Interface with corporate engineering and product line managers as needed.
Requires minimum Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering field from four-year college or university; two years professional (oil-related) engineering experience with a major oil and gas drilling and/or production company, or major service company; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Field experience to include rig work preferred.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to management, public groups and customers.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Industry-Specific Skills and Abilities
Familiarity with the following:
- Stimulation, cementing, tubular analysis and completion equipment
- Field operations using coil tubing, wireline and rigs
- Basic reservoir engineer principles including PLT logging, porosity, permeability, productivity index and recovery economics
- Perforating, tubing movement analysis, packers, liner hangers and selective completion equipment
- Directional well drilling, stimulation and completions in horizontal wells
- Inflatable packer capabilities
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to work under minimum supervision in a general office setting. Proficient knowledge of MS Office software to include Word, Excel, Project and Access. Able to read and interpret blueprints. Project management experience working in a leadership role. Familiarity with computer networks and e-mail systems.