|Date Posted||December 1, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||6|
Summary of Responsibilities
The Technical Advisor role supports sales, operations, and engineering in reference to the portfolio of products that TAM offers. Develop and engineer solutions which are needed for well construction, intervention, and plug and abandonment operations utilizing TAM products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Examine well applications in order to recommend appropriate completion or workover processes and tools.
- Perform Hazard Assessment and Risk Mitigation of equipment and recommended procedures.
- Conduct Research to stay abreast of new drilling and completion techniques.
- Evaluate potential new markets for inflatable packers and related products.
- Provide technical support to sales departments worldwide.
- Produce technical reports, bulletins or research papers and failure analysis reports as required by client, trade organization or internal needs.
- Conduct basic petroleum engineering functions.
- Provide project management interface with customers.
- Travel to domestic and international client or TAM locations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in testing of new and existing products.
Requires minimum Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering field from four-year college or university; six years professional (oil-related) engineering experience to include two to four years specific experience with a major oil and gas drilling and/or production company, or major service company; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Field experience to include rigwork preferred.
Industry-Specific Skills and Abilities
Familiarity with the following:
- Stimulation, cementing, tubular analysis and completion equipment
- Field operations using coil tubing, wireline and rigs
- Basic reservoir engineer principles including PLT logging, porosity, permeability, productivity index and recovery economics
- Perforating, tubing movement analysis, packers, liner hangers and selective completion equipment
- Directional well drilling, stimulation and completions in horizontal wells
- Inflatable packer capabilities
If qualified, submit a resume and salary requirements:
4620 Southerland Road Houston, Texas 77092