|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||3|
Technical Advisor/Sr. Technical Advisor
Technical pre-sales focused on selling a suite of geoscience software applications to the upstream E&P market. Main objective is to drive revenue by technically illustrating how our geoscience solutions help our customers improve efficiencies in technical workflows, while reducing cycle times and costs associated to the technical work with drilling and producing hydrocarbons.
General Job Duties:
Job responsibilities and requirements are presenting and doing product demo’s to a geoscience audience with the intent of assisting the sales team with selling IHS’ suite of geoscience applications, which include Kingdom, Petra, GeoSyn, LogArc, and potentially others. Primary region of focus is USA, with extensive travel required, and the ability to travel internationally on occasion will be necessary.
Specific Job Duties:
- Work with Energy Account Managers and Sales Specialists to assess how IHS Geoscience products can benefit an account so the rep can pursue new revenue with a prospect or existing customer
- Prepare detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions
- Play a key role in working with the sales team to ensure that each account is well supported, both pre-sale for new revenue and post-sale for revenue protection
- Make technical sales presentations and product demonstrations of supported software applications at the client sites, IHS offices, industry conventions, user meetings, as well as other events as needed
- Provide compelling customer facing technical presentations and demonstrations to illustrate how IHS geoscience products bring value and solve workflow deficiencies from competitive products
- Continue to develop technical skills relating to supported software applications and general geoscience knowledge as it relates to the E&P industry and technical discipline in order to improve customer adoption with existing customers and increase net new sales with prospects
Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred in a geoscience discipline, i.e. Geology or Geophysics
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position or 5 years’ experience as a geoscientist.
This is a customer facing role and requires a strong background in customer interaction, customer support, or training/teaching. Strong presentation skills and ability to present to large and small audience is required.
Must be able to travel extensively and carry laptop computer and other equipment as necessary.