|Date Posted||July 12, 2018|
As a diverse and expanding organisation, we have many divisions that support our business. You'll be valued, recognised, challenged and rewarded. What's more, as a WA-based company, executive and leadership decisions are made right where you work.
Explore your Woodside at woodside.com.au/careers
About the role:
The Team Lead Structural Geology role is an integral role to Geoscience. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Structural Geology, you will provide lead technical support and advice to Geoscientists across each stage of the value chain.
This role requires someone with significant experience in a similar role leading and maintaining the technical quality and standards of structural interpretations. Working autonomously, you will also help deliver technical solutions, using the latest technology, to the function.
This is a 2 year fixed-term role based in our Perth head office.
• Undertake, supervise and assure seismic structural interpretations and structural fault-model construction
• Provision of technical leadership and geological services under deployment from the Geoscience Function to support domestic and international activities
• Deploy leading-edge concepts and technologies to deliver timely and fit-for-purpose Geoscience studies
• Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with Woodside functional and asset teams
• Introduce innovative technical solutions to the business incorporating the latest technology
• Lead and maintain the technical quality and standards of structural interpretations across the organisation
• Maintain links, knowledge sharing and contributions across Geoscience in addition to external authorities and research both locally and internationally
• Accelerate development of technical capability in less experienced colleagues through coaching, development & deployment opportunities
• Proactively engage with and/or lead communities of practice delivering functional excellence
• Attend/present at knowledge-sharing forums and other key functional events
Skills and Experience:
• A PhD or MSc in Structural Geology
• Considerable experience within a similar role in the oil and gas industry
• Advanced knowledge of geophysical and geological constraints supporting structural geology
• Have proven knowledge and understanding of multiple basins globally, varied structural styles and depositional settings
• Experience in seismic interpretation and subsurface mapping, ideally using the Petrel software
• Recent experience in using industry standard software to deliver structural analysis (e.g. T7 (TrapTester), Move)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally
Recognition and reward:
A career with Woodside is rewarding both personally and professionally. We offer:
• Opportunities to undertake interesting work on world-class projects
• A values-driven environment where working together is key
• The opportunity to participate in voluntary initiatives in the community
• Financial rewards that are linked to performance through an annual bonus
• Above industry superannuation contributions
• Industry leading 16-weeks paid parental leave
Woodside aspires to be an industry leader in diversity.
Click APPLY ONLINE to submit your application. Closing date for applications is 27 July 2018, at 11.59pm AWST.