|Location||Norfolk, United States|
|Date Posted||April 12, 2018|
The Survey Manager is responsible for marketing, tendering and managing survey projects. He/she provides technical knowledge, experience and expertise associated with marine surveys; makes presentations to clients; works with senior staff and provides specific input to project teams.
Roles And Responsibilities
· Applies Fugro objectives, principles and practices in the interpretation, organization, execution and coordination of projects of any complexity (e.g. multi-disciplinary and/or international).
· Establishes monitors and controls project budgets, taking corrective action as necessary.
· Prepares and reviews invoices for own projects.
· Negotiates directly with client when project needs exceed scope, schedule or budget.
· Prepares proposals for review by supervisor, and negotiates or adjusts as needed to suit client requirements.
· Performs project post mortems and follow-up with clients to gauge their level of satisfaction.
· Consistency in following QHSSE procedures.
· Promoting an open and supportive culture for staff development.
· Active involvement in marketing and new business development, as well as maintaining relationships with existing client base.
· Provides specialized input into projects as required.
· Cultivates and maintains relationships with external consultants, academic institutions, industry groups, regulatory authorities, and key technical personnel in other Fugro companies.
· Maintains good technical and professional reputation with Fugro client base.
· Supports the Branch Manager in wider level organisational management.
· Looks for ways to improve business processes and efficiency
· Supports Fugro's Business Delivery (BD) as needed on strategically important, large business development opportunities.
· Bachelors or Master's Degree in geomatics or the geosciences (or equivalent)
· Demonstrable experience as a leader and 5 plus years of management experience required
· Minimum of 10 years' experience marine geophysics.
· Strong communication and client presentation skills
· Previous experience in marketing technical services would be advantageous
· Proficient user of MS Office Suite; appropriate skill level on computer software applications pertinent to areas of specialization
Key Performance Targets:
· Performs all competencies on or above expected level
· Routinely completes work accurately and efficiently within budget and schedule
· Satisfactorily conducts peer reviews of in-house draft technical reports as and when required
· Satisfactory project management performance (technical and administrative) with little or no guidance
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by the supervisor.
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.