|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||May 20, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
Established in 1986, Altran North America is a trusted, high-tech engineering and consulting partner to businesses focused in the Energy, Automotive and Life Sciences industries.
The team’s comprehensive engineering expertise and technical capabilities include Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Digital Instrumentation and Controls, Civil and Structural Engineering, Design, and Materials Science. Altran North America provides solutions delivered through consulting, engineering, designs and related services for every stage of the project lifecycle.
We serve our clients out of a network of offices in the US, Canada and Mexico. For more information visit www.altran-na.com.
Tessella, Part of Altran North America, is a global analytics, software services and IT consulting company that works with some of the world’s leading organizations in pharmaceuticals, energy, consumer goods and the public sector. We use our unique blend of science, engineering and sector expertise to deliver innovative solutions to complex real-world challenges. As well as being acclaimed custom software producers, we are experts in the fields of big data and analytics, and our pharmaceutical clients rely on us to help them draw meaningful conclusions from the flood of clinical data.
In addition to providing an environment to do interesting work, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Plus, we offer tailored career development based on your aspirations, with targeted training provided annually (e.g., expand technical abilities, learn new technologies, develop soft skills, or earn recognized professional qualifications).
As part of our fast-growing global analytics consulting firm, you will work in conjunction with scientists from industry-leading Oil & Gas companies to innovate and solve complex, real-world problems that drive business performance. Plus, you will collaborate with other high-achieving problem solvers from Tessella to create, develop and deliver solutions that truly make a difference in the world.
You will bring a strong record of Oil & Gas domain knowledge and significant experience developing subsurface-related software solutions. You will work alongside clients to shape our approach and lead the development of innovative solutions for the most challenging subsurface engineering projects in the industry.
This role is targeted to a data scientist who has strong technical expertise in developing software solutions/applications in the subsurface space, not someone who is primarily a reservoir engineer who uses such tools.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising closely with Sector Sales Directors to focus on local opportunities in the energy market
- Engaging with existing/prospective clients to build strong relationships
- Combining domain knowledge and technical skills to understand the complex software/analytics E&P challenges affecting our Oil & Gas clients
- Interpreting seismic and geological data
- Modeling reservoirs
- Visualizing big data (e.g., reservoir simulation results, production data)
- Drilling directionally
- Working subsea
- Optimizing production
- Developing innovative solutions to solve engineering and analytical challenges
- Advising clients and guiding the Tessella team on technical issues
- Creating effective work proposals (including costs and timelines) to secure new work from clients
- Providing technical and project leadership to our team of consultants.
A career at Tessella offers a unique opportunity to combine data analytics, domain knowledge and technical skills. To succeed in this role, you should have:
- 7-12 years of experience in the reservoir or petroleum engineering industry
- Applicable experience with both service providers and operators/IOCs/NOCs a plus
- Expertise in reservoir modeling, subsurface well planning or production optimization
- Masters or PhD in petroleum, chemical, mechanical engineering, or related field
- A technical background in Analytics or strong skills in mathematics/statistics/science
- Extensive development on E&P software platforms such as Landmark DecisionSpace or Schlumberger Petrel (Ocean plug-ins a plus)
- Certification in Petrel Geology & Modeling or Petrel Geophysics is preferred
- Strong software development skills, not merely a user of software developed by others
- Open-minded and innovative approach to problem solving
- Experience managing and/or contributing to multiple projects, while juggling competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical solutions to customers and colleagues from all backgrounds
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V