|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||7|
As part of our fast-growing global analytics consulting firm, you will work in conjunction with scientists from industry-leading Oil & Gas companies to innovate and solve complex, real-world problems that drive business performance. Plus, you will collaborate with other high-achieving problem solvers from Tessella to create, develop and deliver solutions that truly make a difference in the world.
You will bring a strong record of Oil & Gas domain knowledge and significant experience developing subsurface-related software solutions. You will work alongside clients to shape our approach and lead the development of innovative solutions for the most challenging subsurface engineering projects in the industry.
This role is targeted to a data scientist who has strong technical expertise in developing software solutions/applications in the subsurface space, not someone who is primarily a reservoir engineer who uses such tools.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising closely with Sector Sales Directors to focus on local opportunities in the energy market
- Engaging with existing/prospective clients to build strong relationships
- Combining domain knowledge and technical skills to understand the complex software/analytics E&P challenges affecting our Oil & Gas clients
- Interpreting seismic and geological data
- Modeling reservoirs
- Visualizing big data (e.g., reservoir simulation results, production data)
- Drilling directionally
- Working subsea
- Optimizing production
- Developing innovative solutions to solve engineering and analytical challenges
- Advising clients and guiding the Tessella team on technical issues
- Creating effective work proposals (including costs and timelines) to secure new work from clients
- Providing technical and project leadership to our team of consultants.
A career at Tessella offers a unique opportunity to combine data analytics, domain knowledge and technical skills. To succeed in this role, you should have:
- 7-12 years of experience in the reservoir or petroleum engineering industry
- Applicable experience with both service providers and operators/IOCs/NOCs a plus
- Expertise in reservoir modeling, subsurface well planning or production optimization
- Masters or PhD in petroleum, chemical, mechanical engineering, or related field
- A technical background in Analytics or strong skills in mathematics/statistics/science
- Extensive development on E&P software platforms such as Landmark DecisionSpace or Schlumberger Petrel (Ocean plug-ins a plus)
- Certification in Petrel Geology & Modeling or Petrel Geophysics is preferred
- Strong software development skills, not merely a user of software developed by others
- Open-minded and innovative approach to problem solving
- Experience managing and/or contributing to multiple projects, while juggling competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical solutions to customers and colleagues from all backgrounds
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V