|Date Posted||December 1, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
Senex is a growing exploration and production company with a 30-year operating history. The company holds interests in over 68,000 square kilometres of oil and gas acreage across the Cooper Basin and Surat Basin, two of Australia’s most prolific energy producing regions.
Senex operates the majority of its assets, produces over one million barrels of oil annually, and is successfully building a material gas business. The company is headquartered in Brisbane and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:SXY).
The Western Surat Gas Project (WSGP) Subsurface Manager is responsible for developing a subsurface strategy and leading a small team in executing the work required to deliver a thorough, robust subsurface model for the Western Surat Coal Seam Gas project (WSGP). All key elements of the petroleum system relevant to Coal Seam Gas (CSG) exploration and exploitation, including the assessment of risk and uncertainties, are to be delivered in a subsurface model in order for Senex to meet our project vision and Financial Investment Decision (FID) timetable.
This will be achieved by informed technical characterisation of the subsurface geology using a large current dataset as well as new information to be gained through Senex drilling in 2016 and test pilot projects. It is expected that the WSGP Subsurface Manager will work hands-on with the team while providing technical guidance on work flow, evaluation methodology and strategy, as well as mentoring and fostering the abilities of the team members, while embedding best practices for CSG exploration/exploitation.
The Western Surat Gas Project is a multi-disciplinary team and the WSGP Subsurface manager is expected to be a key member of the leadership team reporting to the Senior Project Manager.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
• Providing direction and work collaboratively with colleagues to develop a clear strategy and execute a best practice work flow for the construction of the subsurface model for the Western Surat Gas (WSGP) project.
• Identifying and implementing techniques and work flow to enhance the quality of the subsurface evaluation.
• Ensuring that high quality geological, geophysical and reservoir engineering interpretations are undertaken that meets the standards of the Senex internal peer review process.
• Presenting project outcomes internally and to government bodies as necessary.
• Assisting in the preparation of material and coordination of staff for internal approval of the WSSGP through peer review process, Project (Review) Board, Executive Committee (ExCo) and the Senex Board.
• Defining work and ensure the team meets the project technical milestones and budgetary goals.
• Where appropriate ensure that all regulatory requirements of the project are consistently met.
• Building populating and maintaining the CSG project database.
• Working with management, establishing career paths, developing appropriate competencies and training plans across the geological, geophysical, reservoir engineer and support disciplines as a basis for delivery of a strong employment value proposition in order to attract and retain talent required to deliver the operational strategy.
• Responsible for the approval of invoices, timesheets leave etc in accordance with the project DOA whilst adhering to Senex’s policies and procedures.
• Recruiting leading, motivating and developing the WSGP subsurface team to one that fosters a productive and positive work environment that leads to overall cultural growth and stability.
• Responsible for goal setting, performance reviews and career development for staff.
• Occasional travel to site based operations maybe required.
• Applying Workplace Health and Safety standards to all business activity and adhere to relevant policies.
• Complying with all Senex Energy policies and government regulations including but not limited to WHSE, aboriginal heritage and land ownership legislation, HR/ER/IR, Finance.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Project Manager
The incumbent will require the following qualifications and experience:
• Geology, Geophysics or Reservoir Engineering tertiary qualifications.
• 15+ years’ experience working in the Oil and Gas industry with >10 years’ experience in CSG exploration and exploitation.
• Exploration, appraisal and development experience is essential
• Proven experience in the Surat Basin or CSG projects is essential.
• Proven coal seam gas experience
• Demonstrated analytical, evaluation and reporting skills
• Experience managing a team of employees with proven leadership and development skills.
• Experience in working as a leader in a multidisciplinary project team.
• Hands on experience with industry standard software applications (e.g. Petrel, Kingdom, Petrosys, Trinity, ArcGIS) and capability to assist other users along with experience using the Microsoft suite.