|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||March 19, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||15|
The Structural Geologist will report to the Chief Geologist and lead the development of a Community of Practice and training initiatives for structural geology, naturally fractured reservoir characterization and geomechanics across the corporation, focused on unconventional reservoirs but including conventional reservoirs under IOR/EOR recovery processes. The role will be responsible for improving organizational capability in developing models of 3D discrete fracture networks, stress regime/pore pressure, and hydraulically fractured completions.
The Structural Geologist's responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Describe structural features at a variety of scales from regional to micro-scale integrating a variety of data.
• Perform geomechanical interpretation and fracture analysis by incorporating core, core CT scans, borehole image logs, dipole sonic logs, 2D and 3D seismic, and regional outcrop analogs.
• Evaluate regional tectonic frameworks and stress/strain histories and relate this to field/reservoir scale structural and diagenetic features.
• Evaluate strain history through palinspastic reconstructions and forward models.
• Perform 2D and 3D seismic interpretation to build faulted structural models.
• Build and QC structural cross sections, structure maps, fault surface maps, and curvature maps.
• Perform fault seal analysis and uncertainty ranges using industry standard methods.
• Develop workflows and guidelines for standardization of best-practices.
• Participate in geologic modeling and reservoir simulation projects involving naturally fractured reservoirs.
• Participate in integrated reservoir management & surveillance projects.
• Present methodology & project evaluation to technical management.
• Assess staff technical competencies in tectonics, structural geology, naturally fractured reservoir characterization, and geomechanics and develop training programs.
• Initiate and manage structural geology and fractured reservoir characterization projects performed by industry contractors and academic research organizations.
• Lead software and technology evaluations related to the structural geology and geomechanics disciplines.
• Communicate state-of-the-art developments in structural geology and evaluate their potential deployment within the company.
• Masters OR Ph.D. degree in Geoscience or related discipline
• Minimum of 15 years applicable experience in the Geoscience field.
• Familiarity with Petrel 3D modeling software or equivalent.
• Experience with Move (2D/3D) modeling software.
• Experience in various tectonic regimes (i.e. compressional, strike-slip and extensional).
• Experience building complex, faulted structural frameworks with 2D/3D seismic and well data.
• Experience in unconventional reservoir characterization and field development.
• Exposure to Discrete Fracture Network modeling methodologies.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status
- United States-Texas-Houston
- CORP FUNC