|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Brief Posting Description
The Reservoir Engineer will coordinate the reservoir and economic evaluation of existing assets, implement active well surveillance and pattern monitoring in complex fields, and actively participate in the development and execution of new investment opportunities.
- Identify, evaluate technical and economic merits, recommend and execute on oil and gas investment opportunities
- Conduct internal reserve and economic evaluation of acquisition, drilling, recompletion, and workover opportunities utilizing appropriate economic and engineering applications and make investment recommendations based on this work
- Develop and ensure timely execution of field exploitation plans for existing assets while working with other team members such as Geologists, Landmen, and Operations Engineers
- Utilize surveillance tools to monitor production and injection performance, and make recommendations as necessary to maximize value/efficiency
- Recommend necessary data acquisition to monitor production and assist in recomplete/workover/flow optimization recommendations
- Complete budgeting, forecasting, and reserve/economic analysis for quarterly and year-end reserve reporting on existing assets
- This employee must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following software packages: Aries, IHS, Microsoft Office, and other standard engineering applications. Experience with DSS, Spotfire, and/or OFM is a plus.
- The employee must be self-directed and capable of working in a small team environment along with other Engineers, Geoscientists, Landmen, and Support Staff
- Adept at interaction with a variety of contacts, internal and external, including management, industry partners, auditors, and financial institutions
- Capacity to recognize areas of improvement and offer sound solutions.
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the flexibility of working extended hours as needed.
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to effectively interact with all levels.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects concurrently.
- 10+ years industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required (Petroleum Engineering).
- Waterflood (and, optionally EOR) experience preferred.
- Some travel to field operations or corporate office may be required.