|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||October 30, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Job no: 787177
Work type: Full Time Regular (USA)
Location: US - Texas - Houston
Categories: Petroleum Engineering
We have three positions available for highly motivated Unconventional resources Senior Reservoir Engineers. In your application/resume, please note what your preference of field is Permian or Eagle Ford.
BHP Billiton is a leading global resources company. Our purpose is to create long-term shareholder value through the discovery, acquisition, development and marketing of natural resources. Across our global operations, we are committed to working in ways that are true to Our BHP Billiton Charter values of Sustainability, Integrity, Respect, Performance, Simplicity and Accountability.
This position will evaluate ongoing production activities, and optimize our forward Development Plan.
- Co-ordinate integrated teams to monitor well performance and make recommendations to improve production and reserves
- Study key areas of uncertainty that impact well performance (multi-phase effects, completion design, geomechanical effects etc). Recommend data acquisition plans to reduce the uncertainty. Recommend and implement changes to design and operations to improve production and reserves. Incorporate learnings into forecasting expectations of well performance.
- Represent reservoir engineering in multi discipline groups to impact field development plans, design basis and operations and make technical and economic recommendations
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the upstream petroleum industry, and a Bachelor of Science or advanced degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering
- High standards of integrity; treats everyone fairly and with respect
- Strong integrator of information and analysis across functions. Collaborating with reservoir engineers, production engineers, geoscientists and completion engineers, drilling engineers, operations, finance and planners.
- Strong reservoir engineering skill set with a good understanding of well operations and geology to help optimize production and reserves. Practical application of reservoir engineering skill set born of experience from working on shale assets (Eagle Ford, Permian, and/or Haynesville) for at least four years.
- Applies knowledge and experience to solve issues and make sound recommendations informed by data
- Acts with a personal sense of urgency to achieve high quality results within set time frames
- Clearly communicates BHPB's technical position, with well-crafted and documented technical presentations/ interpretations
- Identifies key work areas for reservoir engineering based on new information
- Strong mentoring skills
At BHP Billiton, we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. We offer a diverse and challenging environment with great learning and career opportunities for people who share our values. BHP Billiton's Petroleum business has exploration, development, production and marketing activities in countries around the globe, including significant positions in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico, onshore U.S., Australia, and Trinidad and Tobago.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FEMALES, MINORITIES, VETERANS, DISABLED AND OTHER PROTECTED GROUPS