|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||September 3, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
- Crude oil and natural gas E&P company with operations in 5 onshore basins / 5 states in the U.S.
- Publicly traded company, founded close to 100 years ago
- Employs under 1000 employees
Benefits and Features:
The Staff Reservoir Engineer will provide reservoir engineering and economic evaluation support for an active drilling program. The candidate will be expected to create or modify, as needed, a comprehensive development plan to maximize value by optimizing well density and hydrocarbon recovery.
Other qualifications and/or responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Employ appropriate reservoir models, including reservoir simulation, to assist in reservoir optimization.
- Work with teams to maximize value associated with completion strategy
- Evaluate reserves and economic potential of asset acquisition opportunities in area of responsibility.
- Work in multi-disciplined asset management team.
- Lead budget planning, short and long term planning, and reserves activities.
- Work closely with drilling, completions and production teams.
- Coach and mentor less-experienced employees and effectively explain ideas, concepts and techniques.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering (Petroleum Engineering discipline preferred).
- Minimum of 12 years of reservoir and/or operations engineering experience, well performance analysis, reserve estimation and economic / risk analysis, including recent experience in unconventional (tight reservoirs and shale) resource play quantification.
- Understanding of geological, geophysical and development planning/economic concepts.
- Use of rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems and skilled at objective analysis.
- Advanced proficiency in ARIES, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Spotfire, MS-Access, RTA and reservoir simulations preferred.
- Successful candidate will be expected to mentor and direct inexperienced engineers and technicians.
- Occasional travel may be required.