|Date Posted||July 16, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
· 12 month fixed term contract (Brisbane based)
· Great technical challenges
· Define Origin's CSG resources to develop
ORIGIN – AUSTRALIA'S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia's energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
Origin is continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production, as well as developing and operating a world-class CSG production business, through Australia Pacific LNG. A leading producer of CSG in Qld, with growing reserves and new gas exploration interests all around Australia, we are seeking the right candidate to become part of the team that's meeting growing demand for energy, and searching for tomorrow's energy solutions.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Exploration and New Resources team in Origin's Integrated Gas division in Brisbane. Reporting to the CSG Exploration & Appraisal Evaluation team leader, you will be utilising reservoir engineering tools and methods to evaluate Coal Seam Gas (CSG) acreage that is within the Exploration and Appraisal (E+A) phase.
Your key accountabilities will include:
· Analysis of CSG production using both analytical and numerical tools to understand the key reservoir mechanisms that drive production performance
· Working with geoscience staff to build reservoir simulation models in order to generate typecurves and production forecasts that cover the range of uncertainty
· Feasibility assessment of CSG resources to determine if a given asset can move into development
· Supporting production pilot operations to ensure that required data is acquired Proposing exploration and appraisal activities that will address critical uncertainties
IS THIS YOU?
You'll need to have worked in a similar technical lead role in the petroleum industry for a minimum of 10 years, coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications.
You will also be skilled in reservoir engineering using a range of analytical and numerical tools including pressure transient analysis, material balance and reservoir simulation in addition to being skilled in addressing reservoir uncertainty through reservoir modelling.
A good understanding of the principles of economic evaluation in the oil and gas industry together with the ability to apply field development planning principles will be required.
An ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team will be essential as is good communication skills, both written and verbal.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently. Please apply by 24 July 2015.
Advertised: 16 Jul 2015 E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Jul 2015 E. Australia Standard Time