|Date Posted||October 31, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
- Permanent Role
- Fantastic opportunity to play a critical role in the our field development optimisation
- Location: Brisbane, QLD
- Application Closing Date: 15th November 2016
ORIGIN – AUSTRALIA’S LEADING INTEGRATED ENERGY COMPANY
An integral part of Australia’s energy future, we explore, produce, generate and sell energy to power millions of Australian homes and businesses every day, keeping them going and growing.
With operations and explorations assets in Australia and New Zealand we’re continuing to invest in gas and condensate exploration and production onshore and offshore. Origin is searching for tomorrow’s energy solutions, today.
This is a unique opportunity to join Origin’s Field Development Optimisation team which forms part of our wider Integrated Gas division. As a Senior Staff Reservoir Engineer, you will be responsible for providing reservoir engineering, analysis and modelling support to the APLNG project in order to make decisions resulting in the optimum sustainable development for the project.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Propose and screen solutions for short-term issues as well as optimise the wider Talinga/Orana area development to manage both economic, technical and reputation outcomes
- Build and/or maintain the tools we use to do this screening and optimisation
- Use a variety of reservoir engineering techniques to analyse field data to characterise the reservoir
- Identify key uncertainties in subsurface interpretations and the risks implied for development
- Define appropriate data requirements and pursue the acquisition of that data
- Identify and prioritize technical studies that inform development decisions
- Build fit for purpose reservoir simulation models and conduct simulation studies in order to optimise the field development plan for relevant fields
- Make recommendations on development decisions and clearly communicate the reasoning for those recommendations to management and stakeholders
- Provide mentoring and instruction to other members of the Field Development team
- Work other areas of business (e.g. drilling and completions team to primarily evaluate and support implementation of innovation)
- Clearly and confidently communicate key messages at TCM and other forums
Is This You?
To succeed in this role you will be a clear and confident communicator with the ability to deliver key technical messages across the organisation and influence critical development outcomes.
You’ll be highly proactive and will possess an innate sense of creativity which will enable you to think outside of the square and propose novel solutions. It follows naturally that you will display an open mindset toward new technologies and innovation.
You will also demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification combined with 10+ years' post qualification experience
- High proficiency in standard industry modelling software such as Eclipse and Petrel RE with a proven track record of building, initialising and history matching both complex, sector and well models
- Proficiency in data analysis (logs, pressure, pressure transient, production etc.) with standard industry software, incorporating that data in screening tools such as MBAL, Topaze and etc.
We embrace the diversity of our people and flexible working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
MAKE AN IMPACT ON AUSTRALIA'S ENERGY FUTURE
If dynamic and challenging career opportunities and workplace flexibility are important to you, go with the employer that thinks differently.
Our story | Origin Energy
For more information, please contact Dean Stephens on 07 3028 5522.
Job Requisition: 32361