|Location||Houston, United States|
|Date Posted||February 20, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
STAFF RESERVOIR ENGINEER (10001576)Location: Houston, TX Education:
- Master’s in Petroleum Engineering
- Minimum 5 year of experience, 10 year preferred
- Experience with Aries, Enersight & PHDwin Economics, Development Planning and Production Forecasting softwares
- Experience with Rate Transient Analysis (RTA); IHS Fekete Harmony software; Decline Curve Analysis and uncertainty analysis; Integrated production system modeling for well diagnosis and production optimization; PVT modeling; Reservoir flow simulation for unconventional reservoirs using Petrel and Eclipse, development planning for unconventional reservoirs
- Must be advanced user of MS Office products including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access as well as SQL integration with Office products
- Polished verbal and written presentation skills for technical, economics and reserves presentations to junior and senior operations and engineering staff as well as executive level management and other technical departments. Ability to present to and interface with G&G, Finance, Corporate Planning and Reserves, Production Operations, Reserves Consultants and Auditors, Non-Operated Partners and other key industry stakeholders in a professional manner to create value for the company. Ability to mentor and establish technical direction for less experienced engineers to produce work products that can be used to answer business and financial questions and provide strategic direction regarding value and volume to an E&P operating company.
- Completes reservoir surveillance, field studies to reduce uncertainty in estimation of future production capabilities and economic values of reserves and resources. Provides estimates of original hydrocarbons in place, rates and EURs through Decline Curve Analysis (DCA), analytical modeling and numerical simulation modeling. Estimates reserves and resources to SEC and SPE PRMS standards. Provides technical and economic guidance for development planning and A&D transactions involving unconventional assets across multiple basins. Develops areal and zonal type-curves with various spacing and completion types to be used for Budget, Reserves, LRP (Long Range Plan) production forecasting and individual well Authorization for Expenditures (AFEs). Evaluate and recommend pilot studies for well spacing, completion design, choke management and alternate landing zone appraisal programs in support of the field development teams.
- Characterizes stimulated reservoir volume (SRV), well interference and drainage using Rate Transient Analysis and Streamline simulation for unconventional reservoirs. Performs model-based forecasting and uncertainty analysis using IHS (Fekete) Harmony performance analysis program and Aries decline curve analysis software. Creates multi-zone reservoir static and dynamic reservoir flow simulation models for forecasting with focus on sensitivity to downspacing possibilities and fracture propagation in virgin and partially depleted oil and gas pressure systems using Petrel and Eclipse. Develops Prosper well models and integrated production models (IPM) to provide solutions to well design and operating problems. Provides recommendations for fluid sampling, coordinates and evaluates laboratory samples and builds equation-of-state (EOS) based compositional PVT models.
- Responsible for managing Reservoir Engineering Join-Industry-Project (JIP) engagements, work products and timelines to create value for Murphy from the consortia participated in and ensure applicability to operations and development planning. Responsible for attending industry meetings and bringing new technologies in reservoir management and description to the Onshore reservoir engineering team.
- Complete basin wide competitor analysis as well as near operations offset technical evaluations to understand well performance and ultimate recovery of unconventional reservoirs.
Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis.