|Location||Oklahoma City, United States|
|Date Posted||July 20, 2017|
This staff level position generates leads and develops them into exploration prospects through the interpretation of geological data, geophysical data, or petrophysical data. Responsibilities include supporting development, exploitation, and exploration activities, under limited supervision.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzes and interprets geological, geophysical, or petrophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, bore holes, or aerial photos.
- Plans or conducts geological, geophysical, or petrophysical field studies or surveys, sample collection, or drilling and testing programs.
- Prepares geological maps, cross-section diagrams, charts, or reports using results of fieldwork or laboratory research.
- Locates, estimates, and predicts oil and natural gas fields using integrated analysis of data and information.
- Uses critical thinking, logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses in workflows and effectively ensures overall conception, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of each assigned project.
- Works closely with other parts of the business to ensure fully integrated analysis of data.
- Applies advanced geological, geophysical, or petrophysical models to explain, predict, and interpret data.
- Informally reviews the work of less experienced staff for quality control.
- Develops reports and interpretations for management as requested.
- Stays current on industry activities and implications to company projects.
- Makes recommendations to management based on complete integration of data, project economics and risk analysis.
- Promotes collaboration, multi-disciplinary approaches and integrated solutions to technical and business problems and opportunities.
- Participates in local and national Geological societies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or related field required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Geology, Geophysics, Petrophysics or related field preferred.
- 5-8+ years of related work experience required.
- Experience designing rock mechanics measurement programs on cores preferred.
- Experience QA/QCing core rock mechanics measurements preferred.
- Experience working with completions engineers and calculating log-based geomechanical models, calibrated with core and DFIT, to optimize completions operations preferred.
- Experience working with drilling engineers and calculating log-based geomechanical models, calibrated with core, DFIT, and image logs, to optimize drilling operations preferred.
Core Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate basic computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications. Able to learn company specific applications.
- Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to work effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Able to effectively abide company policies, procedures, and technology.
- Able to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of logging tools, measurement and quality control of logging jobs.
- Advanced knowledge of field operations, including logging units, drilling rigs and directional framework and their relationship to basin architecture.
- Advanced knowledge and familiarity with geologic database and mapping software.
- Advanced utilization and application of reservoir characterization and petroleum systems.
- Advanced utilization and application of laboratory analysis of samples, side wall cores, and whole cores.
- Advanced knowledge of qualitative 2D and 3D seismic interpretation and acquisition.
- Advanced knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of lease acquisitions, division of interest, and separation of surface and subsurface rights.
Chesapeake Energy takes necessary action to ensure that all applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Nearest Major Market: Oklahoma City
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Geology, Database, Quality Assurance, Testing, Engineering, Research, Technology