|Location||The Woodlands, United States|
|Date Posted||November 11, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Integrate subsurface control with 3D seismic data, including seismic attributes, to produce reservoir models and to predict drilling and completion events and “hazards.” Evaluate exploratory, new venture and acquisition opportunities by using all available data, to build regional framework and predict “sweet spots.”
- Provide geophysical support and seismic interpretations to all technical teams in the BU across all 3-D shoots in multiple horizons
- Works closely with Asset Teams with an emphasis on G&G to provide guidance, direction and interpretation of all seismic data and related applications
- Fully integrates geology, production and synthetic ties to nearby wells in all interpretations
- Employs sequence stratigraphic techniques when applicable during seismic interpretations
- A well-motivated, self-starter capable of coming up with unique solutions to reduce play risk
- Independently focuses on seismic interpretations that add clarity to both regional and prospect specific projects
- Independently seeks the opinion of others to enhance interpretation products
- Regularly makes technical recommendations to Teams and Sr. Mgmt. that describe G&G boundaries, changes, continuity, fractures, waveform relationships and seismic data limits
- Primary Geophysical contact for Corporate and regularly interacts with Asset Teams and Geoscience Teams
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficiency required with advanced geoscience concepts, including structural, facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis and seismic recognition of hydrocarbon indicators
- Familiar with seismic attributes and inversion techniques and their application to hydrocarbon detection in sandstones, carbonates and shales.
- Knowledge of micro-seismic fundamentals, theory and applications
- In depth knowledge of seismic processing techniques and their application to seismic interpretation
- Ability to design, QC, oversee and advise 3-D seismic acquisition programs
- Adept at working the full seismic section on a regional basis and providing focused interpretations on shallow and deep horizons
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills to convey technical concepts and explain geophysical methodology to non-Geophysicists
- Investigative mindset grounded in scientific theory to test and re-test innovative seismic solutions
- Ability to deliver outstanding results with minimal supervision.
- 10+ years onshore experience including 2D and 3D seismic in conventional and unconventional reservoirs
- Experience required in horizontal operations and geosteering
- Master’s Degree or higher in Geology or Geophysics.
- Experience with SMT and Hampson-Russell required. Knowledge of Petrel and Transform would be helpful.
- Normal office environment
- Business travel and overnight stays may be required based on business needs.