|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2017|
Looking for Staff Geophysicist (Malaysian) for KL
POSITION : Staff Geophysicist
Nationality : Malaysian
REPORTING TO : Manager, Subsurface Sabah
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT : Subsurface Asset – Deep Water
LOCATION : KL Office
1. KEY OBJECTIVES
· To carry out 3D seismic interpretation and attribute analysis of fields Offshore Sabah.
· As part of this work apply quantitative interpretation techniques such as seismic reservoir characterization, AVO analysis, seismic inversion, etc., to optimize appraisal and development of hydrocarbon pools.
· To extend the geophysical interpretation methods that have been calibrated against existing field data into adjacent exploration areas with development potential.
· To be able to apply, when required, time to depth conversion techniques to interpretations with a thorough understanding and application of velocity models as determined from VSP and geological data.
· To assist in well correlations within and between fields. Where appropriate, to also assist in regional geological correlations.
· To provide input to geological modeling, reservoir delineation, resource assessment, and field development planning.
· To lead in planning and optimizing well trajectories using seismic data. Assist in preparing any necessary well proposals, notice of operations, etc.
· To provide geophysics support during drilling operations.
· To prepare seismic interpretation and other relevant data for inclusion in end of well reports.
· To recommend seismic reprocessing projects, where appropriate, and assist in supervision and quality control of any such projects.
· To assist in the maintenance of the company’s seismic database as well as the database of interpreted data.
· To prepare standardized training as well as structured mentoring support to more junior geophysicists.
· To assist in the development of companywide best practice guidelines and workflows.
· To provide management support information for the compilation of regular progress reports, project status and presentation to Management, partners and Government agencies.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Supervise loading of new seismic data and related data into the company’s database.
· Responsible for carrying out seismic interpretation and mapping which will be used in the field development plans, in full field reviews, for appraisal and development drilling, etc.
· Expected to be able to take the lead in integrating geological concepts with geophysical data.
· Expected to be able to develop new ideas and identify new opportunities that can be used to add value to existing assets/projects.
· Responsible for developing the skill sets of more junior geophysicists.
· Responsible for preparing presentation materials that integrate seismic data and interpretation with the work of other subsurface disciplines for use in field development plans, full field reviews, well proposals and end of well reports and similar technical documentation as required under the Malaysian PSC.
3. KEY AUTHORITIES
As provided/assigned by General Manager, Subsurface Asset Manager and/or Deepwater team leaders.
4. WORKING RELATIONSHIP
Coordinate with all disciplines of the Subsurface Department as well as those members of other Client business units as and when required.
5. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Relevant Degree with a preference for post graduate qualifications.
· Minimum of 15 years’ experience mostly spent with an Exploration & Production Company.
· Advance level of workstation skills in 3D seismic interpretation and mapping.
· Skilled in seismic data calibration, reservoir characterization and hydrocarbon detection from seismic.
· Applied geophysical experience in working in multi-discipline teams on reservoir and field development activities associated with stacked oil and gas pays in clastic sediments.
· Good working knowledge of modern geological concepts with an emphasis on both structural and stratigraphic interpretation skills.
· Good understanding of seismic data acquisition and processing methods in offshore settings along with their impact on data interpretation accuracy and validity.
· Demonstrated experience in presenting seismic interpretation, analysis and results to Management, Partners and Government agencies.
· Fluent in English-written and spoken. Ability to write high caliber/quality technical reports.