|Location||Colorado, United States|
|Date Posted||July 3, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
HDR has partnered with clients to shape communities and push the boundaries of what's possible since 1917. We specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services.
With nearly 10,000 employees in more than 225 locations around the world, we think global and act local.
The Geophysicist will work on site leading crews in data collection during the execution of munitions response projects in support of HDR’s Program Manager and Project Managers (PM). The Geophysicist in this position works closely with the project specific HDR manager/field lead, the SUXOS, the UXOQCS/SO and other personnel to coordinate resources, multi-disciplinary teams, safety and quality on site. This position ensures adherence to all scoped activities, work planning documents and the objectives set forth in the CERCLA process and, ultimately, by our customers/regulators. The Geophysicist is instrumental during day-to-day field activities ensuring HDR’s munitions response performance goals are met through communication with the respective Program / Project Manager and client geophysical lead. The position will travel to support HDR projects and support Project Managers with planning and reporting prior and post project execution. The Geophysicist will also work on engineering geophysics projects as necessary.
Typical project support activities include data collection, data processing, work planning, reports, equipment logs, field forms, check lists, daily reports and associated tasks/documents. The Geophysicist must:
- Communicate clearly in both verbal and written manners.
- Communicate any geophysical project issues and concerns to management and support the development of solutions.
- Assume a leadership role during field operations and supervise field technicians that may be working on the project.
- Support business development activities and related proposals and marketing efforts.
- Help to develop geophysical investigation plans, standard operating procedures, data summaries, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure adherence to approved project plans, schedules, and programmatic quality, safety, and technical objectives.
- Support in-house project team and external customer meetings.
- Work with Geophysics Manager to optimize effectiveness and billability.
- Mentor and supervise field technician staff; and assign specific duties.
- Supervise geophysical teams to ensure the project begins and concludes with correct, consistent, and defensible data that meets customer requirements.
- Perform periodic personnel and team training
- Maintain geophysical standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that logistics required prior to field mobilization are effectively completed.
- Conduct the collection, processing, and quality control of geophysical and related positioningdata.
- Perform geophysical data processing, analysis, and quality control functions as needed.
- Conduct troubleshooting efforts for geophysical and related positioning sensors and software.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by management.
- At least a BS in Geophysics (or related field) with over 5 years experience
- Over 5 years experience with USACE on UXO projects
- Experience with UXO classification
- Experience with Oasis Montaj Geosoft Geophysical Data Analysis software and Matlab Computational Software.
- Understanding of ESRI ArcGIS suite of applications.
- Preference will be given to local candidates.