|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||July 11, 2019|
An opportunity is available to join a mid-cap oil and gas operating company in the role of Senior Staff Geophysicist as they continue upon an exciting period of growth.
The purpose of the role is to effectively apply and utilise geophysical skills and experiences to support the Company's exploration and development activities. Interpret and integrate seismic data with geological data to produce subsurface maps to aid new oil and gas field discoveries or delineate existing discoveries and also interpret seismic data for generation of new play concepts.
Responsibilities will include;
- Undertake analysis and interpretation of 2D & 3D seismic data to locate and evaluate the prospectivity of potential oil and gas targets. This will include incorporation of geological and geophysical data, structural mapping, depth conversion, reservoir/seismic attribute evaluation and migration pathway analysis.
- Delineation of new 2D & 3D seismic surveys and processing projects to generate prospects and leads for reservoir characterisation.
- Recommend appropriate work programs including; drilling, seismic and geophysical studies to senior management and JV partners.
- Responsible for the integration of well data into regional and local geological frameworks.
- Contribute to building of framework for static modelling.
- Contribute to the identification of prospects and leads in depth domain through depth conversion and two-way time maps to pursue exploration targets.
- Conduct risk analysis of prospects and leads to prioritise drilling portfolio candidates.
- Evaluate New Venture opportunities
Suitable candidates will have;
- Tertiary qualification in Geoscience
- Minimum 12 years' experience in the Oil and Gas industry as a Geophysicist (Seismic Interpreter)
- Solid background of prospect and lead generation
- Broad geological knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of workstation and mapping software (Petrel, Kingdom, Petrosys, ArcGIS)
- Working knowledge of processing techniques and depth conversion
- Exposure to a variety of different geological styles and basins desirable
An attractive remuneration is available for this role, depending on skills and experience.
For further information please contact David Styles on +61 7 3160 2626 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates with existing eligibility to work in Australia can be considered for this role at this time.