|Date Posted||March 28, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
|Must Already Have Work Rights||Yes|
Reporting to the Vice President, Wapiti Appraisal, the successful candidate will provide Exploitation Engineering support for Sinopec’s world class Wapiti Montney property. The position focuses on: 1.) Planning, executing and evaluating Appraisal well drilling and results; and 2.) Defining, planning and successfully obtaining approval for the short and long term development plans.
- Define and generate the Wapiti Appraisal plan that considers reservoir delineation, land retention and well spacing/design.
- Provide Economic Analysis of Wapiti Appraisal and Development activity.
- Assist in preparing and presenting all internal approvals required for Wapiti activity.
- Provide Operations support for Wapiti activity (packer placement, frac modelling and design)
Position Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Significant Unconventional Montney experience with respect to well planning, design and execution.
- Strong Reservoir knowledge and understanding.
- The ability to assimilate multi-disciplinary data and interpretations leading to a reservoir understanding and, ultimately, an optimized Development Plan.
- A strong economic analysis background on both an individual well and large scale project basis.
- High level of aptitude with industry software (Accumap, Mosaic, Enersight, Tableau etc.)
- Strong organizational, multi-disciplinary integration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with all disciplines and management levels. In particular, your presentations are organized, concise and illustrate clarity of thought and confidence.
- Displays a high-level of integrity in all actions, complying with and promoting the company’s core values, a respectful work environment, and aligning with the code of business conduct;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and operate effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in Western Unconventional plays with a minimum of 5 years Montney unconventional experience).
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or a related area;
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) and registered member of APEGA.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Come work with us!
If you are looking for meaningful new challenges and have a solutions-oriented attitude, we want to hear from you. Join Sinopec Canada for a workplace filled with diversity, rewarding work, and opportunities to develop new skills and grow your career.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter on the careers section of our website, www.sinopeccanada.com. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest.