|Date Posted||December 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||12|
EnRJ Partners is looking to identify a Staff Development Geophysicist to work for a reputable E&P Company in Malaysia.
- Carries out independent 3D seismic interpretation of key reservoir horizons and well ties for multiple field development and appraisal oil and gas projects in the offshore shallow water Sarawak Basin, as part of the Subsurface Development Department, primarily using Petrel interpretation applications.
- Applies depth conversion to time interpretations with thorough understanding and application of velocity models as determined from VSP and geological data.
- Works with 3D seismic and inversion volumes of existing fields to apply quantitative interpretation techniques such as AVO and attribute analysis, fluid substitution, pore pressure prediction and rock physics techniques to optimize and high-grade near-field exploration, appraisal and infill development opportunities.
- Works closely with development geologists and geomodellers to extract facies geometries and distributions from seismic data to help populate static geocellular models.
- Provides geophysical input to resource volumetric assessments and field development planning in the Sarawak Basin
- Provides geophysics support to well drilling operations. Plans and optimizes well trajectories using seismic data.
- Prepares seismic interpretations & information for End-of-Well reports.
- Jointly gathers, transfers and organizes seismic data and interpretations along with team members onto the Cloud-based database system.
- Provides management with information for the compilation of regular progress reports, project status updates and presentations to Senior Management, partners and Government agencies.
- Provides training and technical coaching for skills development of junior geophysicists.
- A relevant degree in geoscience or physics, ideally with a post-graduate qualification at MSc or PhD level in a relevant geophysical subject.
- Energetic self-starter capable of setting and achieving multiple milestones with aggressive timelines to create value from geophysical data and projects.
- A minimum of 12 years’ geophysical interpretation work experience, mostly spent within an operating E & P company, resulting in an ability to work competently without direct supervision in most aspects of seismic interpretation to solve complex geophysical problems.
- An advanced level of workstation skills in 3D seismic interpretation, at least some of which has been undertaken in the Petrel application environment; some experience of RokDoc for rock physics modelling of rock and fluid properties.
- Several years of applied seismic interpretation experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of field development projects, ideally associated with stacked multiple oil and gas reservoirs.
- Skilled in seismic data calibration, seismic to well ties, depth conversation, reservoir characterization and direct hydrocarbon detection from seismic.
- Expert knowledge of seismic stratigraphy and geomorphology, with an ability to interpret geological structures and stratigraphic relationships within seismic volumes.