|Date Posted||April 29, 2016|
Husky's Exploration group is looking for a Senior Staff/Engineering Specialist to join the team. As a member of this team the successful incumbent will providereservoir engineering technical support for all resource play activities within the Exploration Department and the broader resource portfolio.
The Reservoir Engineer's responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Reservoir/subsurface characterization and stewardship of resource projects within the Exploration Department ;
- Strong competency in reservoir engineering program design, analysis and modeling
- Strong competency in probabilistic and deterministic estimation of key geotechnical, engineering and economic parameters;
- Collaborating with the G>eams, Business Units,Drilling and Completions, Reserves groups and Investment and Economic Analysis;
- Aid in the development of drilling strategies for new well locations, including pre-drill project economicevaluations, completion recommendations and post drill/completion evaluations of the effectiveness of the programs with particular focus on reservoir performance;
- Championing the innovation, continuous improvement and the use of new technology;
- Collaboration and support of resource play engineering practices outside exploration
- Provide accurate reserve and resource assignments ;
- Provide support for acquisitions and divestures as required;
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering ;
- Registered Professional Engineer with APEGGA;
- Extensive reservoir/exploitation experience , including numerical and analytical simulation experience;
- Experience in well test analysis (pressure transit analysis & rate transient analysis)
- Experience with DFIT designs and interpretations;
- Experience with PVT properties of wet gas and volatileoil systems ;
- Experience in property evaluations and acquisitions ;
- Proven ability and success working within multidisciplinary teams ;
- Positive, dynamic , creative, self -starter;
- Strong analytical , problem solving,communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with Palantir , Cash, Accumap, PEEP, VOLTS, OilfieldManager, MicrosoftOffice, CMG STARS or Eclipse would be an asset.