|Date Posted||September 24, 2017|
One of Husky’s advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we’ve got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally – as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky, Atlantic Region is currently looking for a Senior Staff Production Engineer to join the Subsurface Developments Team.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Subsurface Developments, the Senior Staff Production Engineer will provide production engineering expertise to the Subsurface Developments team. The successful candidate will perform as part of a multi-disciplinary subsurface team responsible to optimize, develop, and execute the development plan for the upcoming West White Rose Development. This role will have a focus on well planning, completion design, topsides integration, operational integration and planning for West White Rose.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Optimizing water flood and gas lift performance for existing wells;
- Identifying and evaluating production optimization potential to maximize the value of the existing wells;
- Assisting in the planning and execution of depletion/drilling strategies within a team environment;
- Designing completion strategies for new wells; including water/gas injector and producer designs;
- Evaluating artificial lift options and selecting optimal gas lift or ESP designs;
- Planning well intervention strategies for new well designs;
- Production well and system modeling and forecasting for existing and future development wells;
- Developing reservoir monitoring and management strategies including production logging;
- Evaluating production enhancement technologies to increase reservoir contact and well performance;
- Developing production chemistry strategies;
- Guiding and providing subsurface input into flow assurance studies as needed;
- Interfacing with the Production Operations, Drilling and Completions, and Project teams;
- Mentoring other production engineering staff as needed;
- Leading subsurface guidance for measurement and allocation systems;
- Stewarding subsurface operational and facilities interfaces; participating in HAZOP reviews as needed;
- Developing start-up and operational guidelines from the subsurface perspective;
- Assisting in preparing regulatory applications and interface with the Canada-Newfoundland Offshore Petroleum Board;
- Keep informed of technical advancements in the field of production engineering;
- Working with joint venture partners to advance production engineering understanding across partner organizations.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Member in good standing or eligible for Professional Geoscientist status with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL).
- 15+ years' experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong understanding of depletion planning and reservoir simulation.
- Expert knowledge in nodal analysis techniques.
- Significant knowledge of flow systems, flow calculations and allocation procedures.
- Experience in development of operational procedures.
- Experience in Sandface Completion Design.
- Major Projects Experience.
- Drilling, Completions and Intervention/workover experience.
- Nodal Analysis Tools (Prosper/GAP/etc.).
- Production Allocation Systems (OFM/Flow Manager/etc.).
- Oil and Gas Offshore experience.
- Production Operations experience.
- Offshore Operations experience (Platform or FPSO).
- Well Stimulation experience.
- Sandface Modeling Tools (Netool, etc.).
The deadline for the submission of all applications is October 13 , 2017.