|Location||Dallas, United States|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2017|
Sr. Staff GeophysicistTracking Code HOC Job Description Seeking an experienced Geophysicist with proven new ventures exploration credentials for the International Exploration team to evaluate and generate new play concepts, conduct integrated subsurface interpretation, plan and supervise geotechnical work programs, generate leads, and mature drillable prospects as part of an integrated team working in the Europe, Middle East and North African Regions.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Develop new exploration opportunities in assigned areas through integrated interpretation of regional geophysical, geological and well data.
- Evaluate acquisition and farm-out opportunities and recommend follow up as appropriate.
- Work in a collaborative environment with an integrated team of geoscientists, engineers, commercial & other operational support groups.
- Interpret 2-D and 3-D seismic data utilizing state of the art geophysical techniques.
- Conduct block and prospect specific evaluations to define prospective areas, play fairways and to position exploratory well locations.
- Plan & supervise the acquisition and processing of geophysical data.
- Work with region managers to budget for G&G activities as needed.
- Maintain awareness of technological developments and evaluate deployment of fit-for-purpose new technology.
- Generate and present concise reports of work completed as needed to document results and for partner and governmental reporting.
- Work with data management team to ensure effective technical data organization and archival.
- Participate in peer reviews and ensure professional mentoring of less experienced staff.
- Strong interpretation workstation skills: IHS-Kingdom software preferred
- Applied ArcGIS and data-management skills
- Broad-based understanding of applied Geophysics including AVO, inversion & attribute analysis as well as integration of potential fields and velocity data
- Creative data integrator and idea generator in an integrated, multi-disciplinary team
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks / areas of responsibility concurrently with large scale data organization, integration & synthesis requirements
- Concisely present technical concepts and recommendations
- Travel internationally as required.
- BS degree (MS preferred) in Geophysics
- 15 to 20 years of experience primarily concentrated in international exploration with both onshore and offshore exposure
- Exposure to integrated basin analysis, play fairway mapping, and risk analysis workflows
- Prospect generation, reserve estimation, and field appraisal.
- A strong geological background including complex structural styles preferred
- Maintaining positive relationships with governments, government entities, and partners