|Date Posted||March 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
This position is a member of the Integrated Asset Management Team in Anadarko’s DJ Basin Business Unit. Candidate will be either a Production or Reservoir Engineer within a team environment working with engineers (completions, reservoir, production), data scientists, and field operations to optimize asset value within the DJ Business Unit. This position requires experience and knowledge in both production and reservoir engineering fields. Candidates should be able to demonstrate clearly their ability to translate an understanding of reservoir characterization and dynamics into optimal field development and production management strategies.
- 8+ years relevant production and reservoir engineering experience required.
- Strong understanding of production and reservoir engineering fundamentals
- Extensive experience in Nodal Analysis, Integrated Production Modeling, and Petroleum Expert’s suite of software (IPM/IFM/IVM), especially the utilization of OpenServer and/or VisualWorkflow
- Experience with field-scale monitoring and performance optimization practice
- Experience in tight gas sand or shale gas production for an oil and gas production company preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle ambiguity in data and in the interpretation/analysis of data
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with field operations, technical peers and management.
- Additional preferred skills and/or experience include: CygNet or other production historians, programming (VBA, Python, R, etc)
- Collaborate effectively in a Business Unit with multiple disciplines at varying levels of experience.
- Support the deployment and embedment of a Digital Oil Field (DOF) system utilizing Petroleum Experts software in the DJ Basin Business Unit
- Develop and implement various engineering workflows to enable Field Engineering and Field Operations to work more effectively and efficiently.
- Collaborate with Subsurface and Technology teams to enhance reservoir performance management strategy. Implement workflows to automate this strategy and enable execution by field personnel
- Work with other supporting teams to integrate engineering analysis with available geological and geophysical data and detailed numerical models to characterize the reservoir and optimize future development.
- Work with field and office personnel on programs for data acquisition/monitoring, data management and data evaluation — particularly for production optimization; but also for monitoring well performance for intervention, for well interference, and for the evaluation of reservoir properties and well completion efficiencies.
- Provide mentoring and training to less experienced reservoir and production engineers.
- Present analysis to varying levels of technical and management audiences.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering required, with Petroleum Engineering being preferred.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%.
This position is eligible for the 5/40 work schedule.