|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||October 7, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
The Sr. Reservoir Engineering Technician will provide technical, analytical, and administrative support to either the North or South Rockies Asset Team. This position will report to the Asset Manager or a Senior Reservoir Engineer on the team. Applies extensive discipline specific knowledge and experience to engineering tasks and projects. Additional involvement in processes will include, but is not limited to, budgeting, planning, acquisitions and divestitures.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Extract and analyze data and reporting from various internal systems including Aries, Excalibur, AVM, and third party well data, including state regulatory and production data, and SM Energy Data Warehouses.
- Coordinate data retrieval, loading, manipulation, and management for use by groups other than engineering teams/departments.
- Provide supporting data via research from public sources such as IHS and regulatory agencies.
- May support evaluation for mergers, acquisition and divestitures including due diligence.
- Generate monthly reports based on standard procedures to provide project performance tracking and ensure accuracy of data.
- Assist engineers in the preparation of technical reports, analyses, evaluations and presentations as needed (may require advanced spreadsheet applications and skills).
- Perform moderate calculations and preliminary analyses of data in support of engineering studies.
- Provide basic technical support for Spotfire and other visualization tools.
- Duties may vary for discipline specific technicians and may include:
- Reservoir: Production database management, moderate economic analysis (Aries), goal tracking, performance management, decline curve analysis and Aries database updates and management.
- Conduct business safely and with the highest ethical standards. Other duties as assigned.
Competent level of skills with Microsoft Office. Competent knowledge of the following discipline specific programs:
- Reservoir: Aries, Spotfire
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Competent knowledge of the industry and operations. Competent use of advanced Excel formulas (VLOOKUP, MATCH, TRANSPOSE, PivotTable, PowerPivot, etc.). Competent in the following discipline specific skills:
- Reservoir: Data management including the ability to push and pull data between systems to be used for analysis, creatively addressing problems using Aries modeling.
Technical associate degree or related experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in related field or industry.