|Location||The Woodlands, Texas|
|Date Posted||July 23, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation is one of the world's largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies, with corporate offices in The Woodlands, Texas. Anadarko's mission is to deliver a competitive and sustainable rate of return to Shareholders by developing, acquiring and exploring for oil and gas resources vital to the world's health and welfare.
This position is a member of the Wattenberg Team in Anadarko’s Rockies Region. Candidate will be a Reservoir Engineer within a team environment working with engineers (drilling, completions and production), geologists, geophysicists, and field operations to optimize asset value within a specific geographic area. Candidate will also collaborate with EH&S, Land, Midstream, Regulatory and Supply Chain support groups to ensure operations compliance.
- Minimum 8+ years relevant engineering experience required.
- Solid understanding of reservoir engineering fundamentals. Must also have the ability to perform statistical studies and analyze analog data to support scoping field development evaluations.
- Experience in tight gas sand or shale gas production for an oil and gas production company preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge of Aries and/or PEEP is a plus.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with field operations, technical peers and management.
- Development and Exploitation Program: Work with multi-disciplinary team to assist in generating and recommending plans of development, evaluate and recommend new well locations, analyze and post-appraise performance, and generate type curves for predicting future performance. Develop economic models that capture key issues for use in decisions regarding development options in assigned asset areas. These models will include deterministic and probabilistic techniques to address the specific development issue (spacing, target interval, completion design, etc.)
- Budget and Planning: Assist in managing various budget and planning exercises (annual budget, portfolio and long range plans, SEC reserve forecasts, business plans, etc.). Support additional corporate planning and business development needs as necessary. Steward the drilling capital program for the assigned area.
- Reserve Analysis: Responsible for estimating reserves for current producing wells, uncaptured opportunities, and for performing SEC reserve studies.
- Reservoir Modeling: Recommend, manage and integrate various reservoir studies including geo-modeling, reservoir modeling, geochemistry, PVT, petrophysics, production performance, pressure transient tests, and other data in planning future development. Recommend special data requirement and evaluation techniques.
- Technical Presentations: Prepare technical presentations and documents for delivery to asset team, management, partners and regulatory agencies. Presentations will include drilling recommendations, lease sale analyses, trade/acquisition evaluations, post-appraisal, and development plans.
- Production Surveillance and Optimization: Monitor production volumes on wells within an assigned geographic area utilizing various techniques for tracking production performance. Work closely with the production engineering staff to optimize artificial lift and facility performance. Conduct team based well reviews to identify production enhancement opportunities; document opportunities, implement recommendations, and post audit results.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering required, with Petroleum Engineering being preferred.
Valid driver’s license with no restrictions that would prohibit driving a company vehicle.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%.
This position may be eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.