|Location||Midland, United States|
|Date Posted||March 2, 2017|
We are seeking a creative, technically-knowledgeable, motivated reservoir engineer to work with our North American Onshore Exploration team. This position is part of a multi-disciplinary team that is required to generate prospects, refine investment opportunities, and evaluate new ventures. A broad understanding of US onshore petroleum systems combined with a focus on technical details is required. The candidate must have a strong background in economic evaluations, exceptional communication and team work skills, and exhibit integrity, trust, and servant leadership.
- 8+ years industry experience with a preferene for 15+ yeas of experience, primarily U.S. onshore, with exploration and appraisal experience
- Experience with unconventional reservoirs is strongly preferred
- Proven record of high quality, results-oriented technical work
- Skilled at economic risk analysis and probabilistic assessment
- Solid technical foundation in classic reservoir engineering
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Work with multi-disciplinary team to generate, evaluate, and recommend new play concepts and prospects
- Effectively evaluate potential and risk at basin, play, and prospect scale
- Gather, analyze, interpret and integrate data from various internal and external sources
- Technically manage and advance projects
- Perform commercial analysis
- Effectively communicate results of work to team and management
- Perform at a high level individually and as a team member
- Mentor and technically coach
Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering is required. Degree in Petroleum Engineering is preferred
This position may be eligible for relocation.
The percentage of travel required for this position is 0-10%.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule.