|Location||Tulsa, United States|
|Date Posted||September 7, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||5|
Location: Tulsa, OK Job Summary: This staff position, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma will report to the GM-East & West Asset, Reserves. The Sr. Reservoir Engineer handles relatively complex reservoir engineering assignments. This independent professional provides reservoir engineering support on the Reserves Team, specifically in the evaluation of quarterly reserve additions and ceiling test summary reports, reconciliations, roll-forward reports, and sensitivity analyses. They analyze reservoir characteristics and performance, making full use of all current technology, and recommend actions that will maximize the value of the Company’s proved, probable and possible hydrocarbon reserve. They also provide an accompanying risked economic and cash flow analysis on all internal and external opportunities. Description: Essential Job Functions:
- Verify consistency and completeness of reserves utilizing decline curve, material balance, volumetric, deterministic or probabilistic reserve analysis.
- Advise from a reservoir engineering standpoint on operational activities.
- Meet regularly with operating division to understand the technical challenges associated with each play and be proficient in characterizing their reservoir projects in both deterministic and probabilistic methodology.
- Recommend collection of additional specialized reservoir data, fluid sample analysis, pressure data and other information necessary to evaluate reservoirs.
- Actively engage in peer reviews to assess and convey program risk and uncertainty, plus prepare look back analysis to aid in development planning and calibration.
- Study other operators’ projects where data obtained will be of value in analysis of company exploration and development projects.
- Perform routine petro-physical evaluations.
- Perform basic pressure transient evaluations and familiar with Fekete RTA & Harmony.
- Review quarterly reserves data to ensure accuracy and SEC regulation compliance.
- Provide reserve support documentation to outside auditing firm.
- Compile operating express and price differentia data and review for accuracy.
- Help develop and support the corporate standard reserve reporting guidelines and procedures.
- Highly effective team player with a positive attitude.
- Exceptional ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
Knowledge and Skills::
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in Petroleum Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- Proficient in Aries software.
- 5-15 years minimum previous Reservoir Engineering Experience at an oil and gas exploration and production company. 10 years of Production or Completions experience is a plus.
- Hands on experience with Spotfire software.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills coupled with a strong work ethic and a broad based knowledge of reservoir engineering computer software programs.
- Highly proficient in selecting and analyzing the open hole logging suites that are required to identify/quantify pay zones associated with tight sands and low porosity carbonate reservoirs.
- Fully capable of making volumetric calculations and decline curve projections needed to forecast reserve recoveries from reservoirs that have all different types of drive mechanisms.
- Advanced ability to make in-depth economic evaluations of drilling/work over /enhanced recovery projects using Aries.