|Date Posted||December 21, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
1. Review quarterly reserves data to ensure accuracy and SEC regulation compliance.
2. Verify consistency and completeness of reserves utilizing decline curve, material balance, volumetric, deterministic or probabilistic reserves analysis.
3. Provide reserve support documentation to outside auditing firm.
4. Compile operating express and price differential data and review for accuracy.
5. Help develop and support the corporate standard reserve reporting guidelines and procedures.
6. Will advise from a reservoir engineering standpoint on operational activities
7. Meet regularly with operating division to understand the technical challenges associated with each play and be proficient in characterizing their reservoir projects in both deterministic and probabilistic methodology.
8. Recommend collection of additional specialized reservoir data, fluid sample analysis, pressure data and other information necessary to evaluate reservoirs
9. Actively engage in peer reviews to assess and convey program risk and uncertainty, plus prepare look back analysis to aid in development planning and calibration.
10. Study other operators’ projects where data obtained will be of value in analysis of company exploration and development projects
11. Perform routine petro-physical evaluations
12. Perform basic pressure transient evaluations& familiar with Fekete RTA& Harmony
13. Highly effective team player with a positive attitude.
14. Exceptional ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. B.S. or M.S. in Petroleum Engineering or related Engineering degree.
2. 10+ years minimum of previous Reservoir Engineering Experience at an oil and gas company. (Mid Con experience preferred)
**This position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience***
3. Conventional and Unconventional reservoir experience preferred.
4. Outstanding verbal and written communication skills coupled with a strong work ethic and a broad based knowledge of reservoir engineering computer software programs (IE Petra, Kingdom, AIRES) .
5. Highly proficient in selecting and analyzing the open hole logging suites that are required to identify/quantify pay zones associated with tight sands and low porosity carbonate reservoirs.
6. Fully capable of making volumetric calculations and decline curve projections needed to forecast reserve recoveries from reservoirs that have all different types of drive mechanisms.
7. Advanced ability to made in-depth economic evaluations of drilling/work over/enhanced recovery projects using Aries or PHDWin.
8. Proven skill set and mind set needed to identify and quantify production/reserve upside via detailed field studies.
Midstates Petroleum is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.