|Location||The Woodlands, Texas|
|Date Posted||August 18, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
This Sr Reservoir Simulation Engineer position is within the International Business Services Group located in the Woodlands, TX
• 8+ years of experience working as a Reservoir Engineer – with 10-15 years of experienced preferred.
• Possess working knowledge of classical reservoir engineering, black oil and compositional reservoir simulation and integrated production modelling applied to reservoir development, reservoir surveillance and reservoir management.
• Working knowledge of commercial reservoir simulation and well testing software packages.
• Expertise in engineering, geological and geophysical reservoir characterization, earth modelling.
• Significant background in conducting integrated reservoir studies, field development planning reservoir management, reservoir surveillance and well testing.
• Awareness of the design, implement and execute data acquisition programs from field to laboratories, specifically in the areas of well testing, PVT phase behavior, special core analysis, reservoir fluid geochemistry and flow assurance.
• Knowledge of well testing and PVT phase behavior packages for equation-of-state (EOS) development and performance analysis and forecasting of complex reservoir systems.
• Experience with Digital Oilfield practices and technologies desirable.
• Strong analytical skills, sound business awareness and excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Design 3D simulation reservoir models integrating G&G and engineering data to implement field d development strategies.
• Undertake reservoir studies utilizing classical reservoir engineering techniques, reservoir simulation, material balance and well test interpretation software to produce credible and value-adding reservoir management recommendations.
• Perform various reservoir simulation studies and monitor present performance to prepare internal and external reports for various teams. Ensure accurate and accountable forecast for future production and hydrocarbon reserves. Responsible for the estimation, audit and reporting of production forecasts, reserves and resources.
• Maintain knowledge on new technology and develop required reservoir simulation models to identify new infill locations and update of field development strategies.
• Collaborate with other specialists within the fields of G&G and Petroleum Engineering for field development activities.
• Evaluate risks for development wells and design risk mitigation strategies for field development. Interpret production and reservoir data for optimal and cost effective reservoir management activities.
• Attend relevant technical joint venture partner meetings, representing the company in reservoir development and engineering related matters so as to influence stake holders to create values.
• Collaborate with geoscientists building and maintaining geological model and provide input on reservoir engineering requirements.
• Generate and coordinate the input and results of economic modelling to recommend field development activity and enable categorization of hydrocarbon resources.
• Comprehensive experience of utilizing the suite of available reservoir engineering techniques to optimize existing and planned developments.
• Track record of proactively proposing and implementing successful field development and reservoir management recommendations.
• Track record of successfully recommending, implementing and interpreting the results of well proposals and well intervention work.
• Systematic approach to uncertainty management – ability to work with limited / uncertain data
• Familiarity with hydrocarbon resources estimation and reporting.
Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum, Chemical and/or Mechanical Engineering or closely related engineering or scientific discipline is required. M.S. or PhD Degree strongly preferred.
This position may be eligible for relocation.
Travel will be required up to 15% - including international locations.
This position is eligible for the 9/80 work schedule. Job Location: The Woodlands, TX Requisition ID: 5486 # of Openings: 1