|Location||Denver, United States|
|Date Posted||October 19, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
The Rock Ridge Sr. Engineering Technician will be a member of the Rock Ridge Permian Basin development team located in Denver, CO. The Rock Ridge Sr. Engineering Technician works independently to provide advanced and varied technical support and data analyses to the Rock Ridge development team. Applies extensive spotfire, data analysis and Aries database knowledge and experience to engineering tasks and projects. Additional involvement in processes will include, but is not limited to, budgeting, development planning, offset operator performance benchmarking, and mid and yearend reserves processes.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Advanced Spotfire, Access, SQL, and Aries skills
- Ability to assemble and analyze data from various internal systems including Aries, Excalibur, AVM, and third party well data, including state regulatory and production data.
- Broad system knowledge to build more efficient data optimization routines for routine tasks.
- Ability to check and ensure accuracy of data and reporting performed by junior-level technicians.
- Ability to advise on better methods for data collection and retrieval, loading, manipulation, and management for use by groups both within the development engineering team and other corporate groups.
- Review and authorize supporting data via research from public sources such as IHS and regulatory agencies.
- Generate monthly reports based on standard procedures to provide project performance tracking and ensure accuracy of data.
- Assist engineers in the preparation of technical reports, analyses, evaluations and presentations as needed.
- Perform moderate calculations and preliminary analyses of data in support of engineering studies.
- Initiate and develop more accurate and reliable data analyses and reporting methodologies.
- Provide moderate technical support for Spotfire or other visualization tools.
- Train less experienced technicians.
- Duties may vary for discipline specific technicians and may include:
- Reservoir: Production database management, advanced economic analysis, goal tracking, performance management, decline curve analysis, Aries database updates.
- Completions: Update well files, procedure information, and performance tracking documents.
- Conduct business safely and with the highest ethical standards.
Proficient level of skills with Microsoft Office and the following discipline specific programs:
- Reservoir: Aries, Spotfire, Fekete
- Completions: WellView, AFE Navigator
Role-Specific Technical Knowledge & Skills:
Proficient knowledge of the industry and operations. Proficient use of advanced Excel formulas (VLOOKUP, MATCH, TRANSPOSE, PivotTable, PowerPivot, etc.) and the following discipline specific skills:
- Reservoir: Data management including the ability to push and pull data between systems to be used for analysis, creatively addressing problems using Aries modeling.
- Completions: Completions design and executions.
Technical associate degree or related experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field preferred.
Minimum of 8 years of experience in related field or industry.