|Date Posted||October 12, 2016|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Major Oil and Gas Producer
Sr Reservoir Engineer (Simulation)
- Managing existing fields through reservoir surveillance and monitoring. Includes waterflood and future EOR flood pattern balancing.
- Provide input to well proposals and well activity proposals
- Provide reservoir engineering support for exploration wells
- Build, maintain and improve dynamic and analytic models
- Generate production forecasts for existing wells and proposed development activities for the Annual Business Plan
- Estimate reserves and contingent resources
- Working in integrated teams to analyze, plan and implement reservoir development projects
- Propose alternatives to optimize field development and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from new and mature fields
- Integrate results of all existing well test data, PVT fluids analysis, SCAL and routine core analysis into reservoir models
- Develop short and long term integrated asset development plans
- Cooperate with operations and production engineers, asset development teams, operators and other technical personnel to maximize economic production
- Communicate ideas clearly with specialists in reservoir characterization and geologic modelling, petro-physical evaluation, core analysis, reservoir management, and production engineering.
- Identify and Manage key sub surface uncertainties.
Educational Qualifications & Experience Profile:
- BSc Reservoir / Petroleum Engineering, MSc or PhD is desirable.
- Minimum 10 years Reservoir Engineering experience, including proficiency with simulation software Petrel, Eclipse, OFM, saphire, PVT package, Intersect (is a plus), volumetric analysis, material balance, well performance & monitoring, risk & uncertainty analysis
- Functional knowledge of geology, geophysics, petrophysics and reservoir characterisation issues and how they relate to reservoir performance and development planning. Ability to engage in effective two-way communication with team members from other disciplines
- Recent hands on expertise of Full Filed sector simulation modelling, sensitivity analysis, should have worked with special simulation modelling techniques compositional, coupling surface and sub-surface modelling, and complex well and smart completions, (Oil and Gas in Middle East experience is a plus).
- A strong background in Carbonate (is a must) and classical reservoir engineering principles and methods, including experience in all of the following areas: material balance analysis, fluid characterisation, SCAL data interpretation, rate/pressure transient analysis, well performance evaluation, production forecasting (deterministic and probabilistic methods)
- Experience with numerical reservoir simulation, including the building/upscaling of simulation models from static models and history matching, calibration and prediction
- Additional experience in economical evaluations, decision and risk analysis is preferred
Applying for the job
There are various ways to apply for this position:
- Apply direct from the website (www.tecgroup.net) by clicking “apply now”
- Contact the consultant directly:
- Milan Batth –
About TEC Group International
We are TEC Group. We are international recruitment specialists. We are the link between highly-specialised industries and the professionals that make them work. Expert consultants, a global network of offices and the latest technology allow us to join the dots in the talent process.
TEC Group International supports the Scientific, Engineering and Energy sectors. We have completed assignments in over 60 countries and support projects all over the world through our subsidiaries and partners.