|Location||Offshore, United States|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2017|
|Min. Years Experience Required||10|
Our commitment to excellence is driven by our passionate people who strive to be the best. Our employees are the foundation and core competitive factor that contributes to company growth and stability.
We are excited to announce two (2) openings in our Operations division:
- Senior Reservoir Engineer – Shelf Business Unit (Reference #SRESLF)
- Senior Reservoir Engineer – Deepwater Business Unit (Reference #SREDWR)
These leadership roles demand energetic professionals with a high level of reserve determination knowledge, and the ability to identify opportunities and translate those opportunities into value.
Be at the center of value creation for our Company by using your expertise in exploration and production to accomplish a scope of work that includes but is not limited to: evaluating the production of existing assets, identifying opportunities for exploitation, managing field P&L positions, creating and managing field and asset depletion plans, conducting economic analysis, managing and optimizing each field’s reserves and stewarding our capital investment programs.
More about what you will do:
- Monitor and Manage field profitability positions and hold accountability for field economic performance. Make recommendations in order to optimize field profitability and financial performance.
- Evaluate production of wells, evaluate production declines and generate and manage long term reservoir and production management programs for fields and reservoirs. Coordinate with Production Engineers on production optimization efforts and analysis.
- Conduct field performance reviews to identify additional investment or work opportunities.
- Assess remaining reserves using all available Reservoir Engineering techniques.
- Work with operational team members in other disciplines including other Reservoir Engineers, Geologists, Geophysics, Production Engineers, Drilling and Completion personnel, Landman, Administration Personnel and Field Personnel in establishing operational needs and support. Lead team in identification and presentation of new capital investment opportunities of assets and overall asset performance.
- Conduct reserve analysis and characterization under SEC guidelines to ensure that reserves are accounted for in annual reporting and to ensure that our fields are characterized fully from a value and volume perspective.
- Forecast future production for fields and be accountable for field performance and production guidance from field areas.
- Provide Annual Budget recommendations and suggestions on value creation opportunities. Manage fields through the year according to the adopted Budget and Capital plan.
- Provide reservoir and economic evaluation for exploration evaluations. Use and deploy both deterministic and probabilistic methods for risked economic analysis of prospects and opportunities (Exploration and Development); play key role in peer review process (Exploration and Development). Manage your suite of portfolio opportunities and mature same to executable positions. Conduct acquisition analysis on target fields and assets.
- Other duties assigned.
Your education and experience should include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Engineering, or a related discipline required.
- 10+ years’ experience in Reservoir Engineering required.
- SEC based Reserves Evaluation experience with an operating company required.
- PE License desired.
- Working knowledge of IHS (Fekete) Harmony, RTA, DeclinePlus and WellTest preferred.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of reservoir physics and recovery mechanisms required.
- Log analysis of open hole and cased hole logs; experience with HDS Log Analysis Software a plus.
- Strong track record and familiarity in oil and gas cash flow economic analysis is required; experience with ARIES preferred.
- Ability to work in interdisciplinary team setting with strategic thinking ability and economic analysis skills.
- Working knowledge with reservoir simulation models preferred.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal required.
- Ability to embrace new technologies, meet emerging market demands, respond effectively to changing conditions, apply continuous improvement techniques and create new business opportunities.
- Advanced computer skills with MS office, and experience with LiveLink a plus.
W&T Offshore offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration. Please include a cover letter and include the Reference # for the job you are applying to in the subject line.