|Date Posted||July 2, 2015|
|Min. Years Experience Required||8|
Sr. Reservoir Engineer | Denver, Colorado, United States
The APC-JV Reservoir Engineer is responsible for the reservoir engineering of SM Energy’s interest in the Anadarko Petroleum Company operated South Texas properties in the Eagle Ford. Primary responsibilities include evaluations of reserves/resources, well performance, capital performance, and economic assessments.
- Assess performance of the non-operated Eagle Ford oil and gas properties in the APC-JV through Aries production forecasting.
- Assess performance and economic viability of other shallower/deeper formations.
- Assist in the assessment of existing and future field development/projects through studies, partner meetings, and internal knowledge sharing with SM Energy operated Eagle Ford group.
- Provide technical input into the budget process, through production and reserve forecasting.
- Evaluate the economic performance of the capital program and understand projects to support maximizing the value of the asset.
- Coordinate with internal reserves and budgeting groups for volume forecasting, capital and operating expense accruals, and monthly new well reserve estimates.
- Attend multi-disciplinary team meetings as the engineering lead and ensure key project benchmarks and budget plans are met through partner meetings.
- Lead the reserve report preparation and resource model assessment for the APC JV assets.
- Provide type curve and performance information as needed.
- Transfer technical advancements across SM, when possible.
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards; demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with SM facilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in Petroleum, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or Geologic Engineering, is required.
- Between 8-16 years of experience in the E&P Business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid understanding of engineering economic evaluations including competency with Aries or other economic software programs.
- Advanced knowledge and practical application of volumetric calculations, decline curve reserve determinations, appropriate analogue techniques, and material balance assessments.
- Experience with a variety of reservoir types, depletion scenarios, and development scenarios.
- Experience and understanding of completion drivers for horizontal wells.
- An operations background with working in a multi-disciplinary team is a plus.
- Experience with conventional oil and gas reservoirs and unconventional resource plays. Exposure to horizontal drilling, hydraulic fracturing, and multi-basin experience is a plus.
- Able to operate independently and professionally represent SM Energy in technical/operational settings with Operator and partners.
- Ability to understand the entire life-cycle of the producing asset and economics of proposed drilling/projects, including midstream investments and economic drivers.
- Experience with phase behavior, specifically gas condensate/volatile oil reservoirs and associated operations is desirable.
- Experience with reservoir simulation, rate modeling, and/or rate transient analysis is a plus.
- Strong influencing skills to enhance relationships and achieve SM’s objectives with Operator and partners.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands on resources.
- Ability to manage significant information flow in terms of AFEs, well data, forecasts, etc. through dedicated team and functional support.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to evaluate other operator data in Eagle Ford and other resource plays to determine application to reservoir/acreage position.
- Ability to actively transfer knowledge gained to colleagues and management.
- Excellent communication skills including: written, verbal and formal presentation.
- Experience with industry/company software including: Risk Analysis Software (Crystal Ball, @ Risk), OFM, AFEN, Wellview, Fekete, Perform, Spotfire,& Data Cube training is a plus.
- Proficient level of skill in Microsoft Office.
- Driven, enthusiastic, and passionate.
- Self-directed, organized, and detail oriented.
- As needed; less than 10% of time.